Leamington Spa or Coventry for postgraduate at Uni of Warwick

Watch
corex12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I have recently been accepted to the University of Warwick and I have been told that postgraduate students tend to live either at Leamington Spa or Coventry. Many of my friends have suggested Leamington as there is more life and it is a nicer place but others have said Coventry is better as it is closer to the university. What do you guys recommend?
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by corex12)
Hello everyone, I have recently been accepted to the University of Warwick and I have been told that postgraduate students tend to live either at Leamington Spa or Coventry. Many of my friends have suggested Leamington as there is more life and it is a nicer place but others have said Coventry is better as it is closer to the university. What do you guys recommend?
Hi there,

as a Coventry University student I can tell a little bit more about Coventry to hopefully make your decision a bit easier!
Coventry is very much a student city, so through the academic year there are a lot of students living here. If you plan to live closer to the city centre everything is in walking distance so you wouldn't need to worry about catching the bus to go shopping. There are bigger supermarkets where you can buy all your groceries, restaurants and pubs if you'd like to go out for a dinner or some drinks. As for things to do in your free time, there is a mini golf place, an ice rink, cinema and different parks that you can visit.
To travel to Warwick, the main bus station is also near the centre but there are many bus stops all around the city where you can catch the buses from.

I hope this short summary helps in your decision, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Anna, Event Management BA, Coventry campus
lemoslag69
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by corex12)
Same boat as you! Would love to know where I can find the price of a bus pass in the area too.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
_gcx might have some thoughts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads