Does sex lead to emotional connection?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you have a lot of sex in a relationship or just as fwbs?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It certainly can do, especially the kind of sex where you communicate a lot and make an effort to get to know and fulfil your partner's desires. If it's the kind of sex that's just glorified masturbation involving another person, that probably won't lead to much emotional connection.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
It certainly can do, especially the kind of sex where you communicate a lot and make an effort to get to know and fulfil your partner's desires. If it's the kind of sex that's just glorified masturbation involving another person, that probably won't lead to much emotional connection.
Hmm but if a couple has a lot of sex and kinks yet they look like they have very little to no chemistry or emotional connection, what does it imply?
Like even affectionate things like kissing on cheeks and a hug looks cold, as if there's no bonding?
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hmm but if a couple has a lot of sex and kinks yet they look like they have very little to no chemistry or emotional connection, what does it imply?
Like even affectionate things like kissing on cheeks and a hug looks cold, as if there's no bonding?
What you seem to be saying is, there's not much of an emotional connection. They're just sort of using each other.
Anonymous #1
What you seem to be saying is, there's not much of an emotional connection. They're just sort of using each other.
Some red flags my friend said
Like he would stay home or go out somewhere else, I would go somewhere else
If we both were at uni together, eventually he would go away or he would be somewhere else, like alone outside, or inside and I would be with friends or by myself
I would go out with friends frequently and spend time with other people and he would skip it sometimes unless we were going with friends together as a couple
He did host an event, translated for some speaker but he stood by himself with other people and not once did he come to me. Even though his team mates all stood with me. When I went and gave him a kiss on the cheek, we just had a very brief 1 sec hug and he walked away.
He was also listening to other people and I stood a few feet away from him and he walked off, so I followed him. Before this, when we were all going to stand together for a photo op, he was busy doing his own thing, whereas I had to look for a space on the other side.
Anonymous #1
If we both were at uni together, eventually he would go away or he would be somewhere else, like alone outside, or inside and I would be with friends or by myself
I would go out with friends frequently and spend time with other people and he would skip it sometimes unless we were going with friends together as a couple
He did host an event, translated for some speaker but he stood by himself with other people and not once did he come to me. Even though his team mates all stood with me. When I went and gave him a kiss on the cheek, we just had a very brief 1 sec hug and he walked away.
He was also listening to other people and I stood a few feet away from him and he walked off, so I followed him. Before this, when we were all going to stand together for a photo op, he was busy doing his own thing, whereas I had to look for a space on the other side.
Adding, he thinks I'm very attractive so uses my photos as his wallpaper and shares our selfies to friends, jokes about our sex life but he does have a very snobby and arrogant attitude and he thinks he's very hot.
Anonbro1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't say. I am virgin.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Depends on so many factors.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It releases oxytocin so yeah it's very easy to catch feelings.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Depends on so many factors.
Adding, he thinks I'm very attractive so uses my photos as his wallpaper and shares our selfies to friends, jokes about our sex life but he does have a very snobby and arrogant attitude and he thinks he's very hot.
This is the situation
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I don't sleep around with random people so I can't say regarding the second point, but in the times I've had sex in committed relationships - it's led to an emotional connection, yes.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
TSRAcc20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel like a lot of the time girl's get emotionally attached but the guy doesn't - at least from my experiences and observing others.
funkyman10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's the male refectory period. After sex, everything is no longer sexy. Happens with masturbation a lot.
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there.
You know, most people have sex. Just a small amount actually make love. There is the difference.
To Have sex cannot lead to an emotional connection. You might just feel something while having sex. As soon as it ends, nothing happened.
When you make love, you respect the other person. You care for them. You are genuine with them. You communicate with them. You feel them. You make one with them. Only in that way an emotional bound can be formed.
And when things are done this way, when the people involved have their souls connected, then making love will always deepen the relationship. Even if they have been together for years, it will always feels new and special to them.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For some people yeah
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it does lead to emotional connection as their is a lot of trust involved in sex so overtime it is natural for emotional connections to form.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads