my friend is giving me the biggest red flag?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had this friend from primary and we go to the same secondary school in Southampton and the conversation of manipulation came up and she said i will manipulate my spouse for the smallest thing and i was disgusted causes she looked so proud of herself and i told her that is wrong and we got into an argument and i just want to drop her.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, that sounds like a very valid reason to drop someone.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drop her, that sounds like a terrible friend
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Drop her, that sounds like a terrible friend
And an even worse wife!
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was she joking..? Weird thing to outright say if she was dead serious. Makes you wonder if she's trying the same thing with her friends...
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she could legit have antisocial personality disorder. Being proud of manipulation and not being able to register or feel remorseful for the effects of negative actions on people o.O You're friends with a sociopath lol, just kidding
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Foxehh)
Was she joking..? Weird thing to outright say if she was dead serious. Makes you wonder if she's trying the same thing with her friends...
no,she said it once and again and she has manipulated some of our friends with the smallest things eg.coming with her to somewhere etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
Maybe she could legit have antisocial personality disorder. Being proud of manipulation and not being able to register or feel remorseful for the effects of negative actions on people o.O You're friends with a sociopath lol, just kidding
no she doesnt have a disorder but her personality is weird.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drop her like a hot potato, you shouldn't have horrid people like that in your precious life.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Always trust what your gut instinct and common sense is telling you.
If you feel too uncomfortable to continue with the friendship after hearing that, best to end the friendship and keep your distance from her.
But do bear in mind that your friend could be very immature, making empty claims trying to show off or just repeating something that she has heard older friends or relatives say.

I used to know plenty of people who were in the habit of making these types of comments at school or during my childhood.
Most were prone to idiotic bragging but in reality lacked sufficient ability to manipulate a smart dog or average 4 year old child.
But a few are devious manipulators that do enjoy successfully playing those closest to them/almost all people frequently involved with them like puppets on a string or musical instruments.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Always trust what your gut instinct and common sense is telling you.
If you feel too uncomfortable to continue with the friendship after hearing that, best to end the friendship and keep your distance from her.
But do bear in mind that your friend could be very immature, making empty claims trying to show off or just repeating something that she has heard older friends or relatives say.

I used to know plenty of people who were in the habit of making these types of comments at school or during my childhood.
Most were prone to idiotic bragging but in reality lacked sufficient ability to manipulate a smart dog or average 4 year old child.
But a few are devious manipulators that do enjoy successfully playing those closest to them/almost all people frequently involved with them like puppets on a string or musical instruments.
she isnt like idiotic bragging but in reality lacked sufficient ability.She is smart and the way she does it is weird.Like we are a trio and me and the other girl are closer then me and her and i know she prefers me more then my other friend and she will manipulate the other friend to do certain stuff so she is not with us and she is so shy and nice that she doesn't back herself.
VannR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:stupid:
Leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads