shreya.r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What things are really important to mention in a vet med personal statement? Also, does anyone have any tips on starting it?
Last edited by shreya.r; 1 month ago
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make sure you don’t just talk about your work experience, talk about what you learned from it and the skills you developed that are relevant to the profession. Try and avoid cliche statements like ‘I want to be a vet because I love animals and want to help them’ that won’t cut it. Show understanding of the profession and how although the animal is the patient you also have an owner to work with, understanding in regard to the highs and lows and that you understand the task of things like euthanasia.
Honestly don’t do your opening until the end, I had no idea how to start mine the entire way through and eventually settled on a quote that really stuck with me throughout school and related it to myself briefly with my pets.
It sounds silly but make it personal, people often get caught up in the small things they forget this piece of writing is trying to sell you to admissions. Don’t be afraid to talk about your qualities and how they will make you a great vet! Good luck xx
shreya.r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Vetofferholder1)
Make sure you don’t just talk about your work experience, talk about what you learned from it and the skills you developed that are relevant to the profession. Try and avoid cliche statements like ‘I want to be a vet because I love animals and want to help them’ that won’t cut it. Show understanding of the profession and how although the animal is the patient you also have an owner to work with, understanding in regard to the highs and lows and that you understand the task of things like euthanasia.
Honestly don’t do your opening until the end, I had no idea how to start mine the entire way through and eventually settled on a quote that really stuck with me throughout school and related it to myself briefly with my pets.
It sounds silly but make it personal, people often get caught up in the small things they forget this piece of writing is trying to sell you to admissions. Don’t be afraid to talk about your qualities and how they will make you a great vet! Good luck xx
Thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads