Paypal advice needed

Watch
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't use Paypal and I don't know how it works at all, so I'm hoping someone can help me understand the best thing to do in my situation I've received an email that someone has tried to send me money (I know this sounds exactly like all sorts of standard scams, but it's definitely legitimate based on the context of another email that arrived at the same time as it), and I can't morally accept the money, so I need to make sure it's returned to them. The email tells me to set up an account and accept the money by August 25th, so I assume it would automatically get returned after that, but is there any way I can get it returned sooner? It's a fairly large chunk of cash, so even though they were going to give it to me anyway I'd rather they didn't have it gone from their account for too long! Thanks in advance for any help
CelqOne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only way to do that is set up your account and refuse the transfer of money. I’ve never done it before and I don’t use PayPal that often but I understand this is possible though
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CelqOne)
The only way to do that is set up your account and refuse the transfer of money. I’ve never done it before and I don’t use PayPal that often but I understand this is possible though
Ah okay that sounds reasonable - I'd considered setting up an account but I didn't know if it was like a bank transfer and it would just go through automatically and leave me stuck working out how to return it. Good to know there's a refuse button! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed