The Student Room Group

A level bio help?

When drawing a scatter graph should you draw a line of best fit through most points or join the points together with straight lines?
Reply 1
Original post by randomstudent0
join the points together for a scatter graph (if line graph always draw a line of best fit)

ok tysm :smile:
join the points together for a scatter graph (if line graph always draw a line of best fit)

NOOO! This is completely wrong.

Original post by Idk131
When drawing a scatter graph should you draw a line of best fit through most points or join the points together with straight lines?

You draw a line of best fit, such that there are as many points above the line as below

Ok, so here's a scatter plot:

1200px-Scatter_diagram_for_quality_characteristic_XXX.svg.png

Off you go and 'join the points'...
Original post by Idk131

Here is an example of what I mean by a line of best fit, such that there are as many points above the line as below. It's what it says: a line of 'best fit':

scatter-plot.png
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Here is an example of what I mean by a line of best fit, such that there are as many points above the line as below. It's what it says: a line of 'best fit':

scatter-plot.png

Ahh okay thank you x
Original post by Idk131
ok tysm :smile:

okay I may or may not have just said something completely wrong like a literal idiot but if you do AQA biology, page 49 of this handbook explains what they expect in exams - sorry!

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/biology/AQA-7401-7402-PHBK.PDF
okay I may or may not have just said something completely wrong like a literal idiot but if you do AQA biology, page 49 of this handbook explains what they expect in exams - sorry!

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/biology/AQA-7401-7402-PHBK.PDF

You did that in a reasonably classy way, which is unusual for TSR. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest