The Student Room Group

All friends are in relationships

I'm 25 and most of my friends either are engaged or in relationships and I'm still single. Any advice? I hate it and feel left out
Hey, why should you hate that...may be god has better plan for you..
Instead of loving someone and having heartbreaks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Everyone is different. Don't compare yourself to other people.
Original post by gtty123
Everyone is different. Don't compare yourself to other people.

Yes this is very much true...everyone has their own story to act upon..so dw
Reply 4
Original post by fluttery feeling
Yes this is very much true...everyone has their own story to act upon..so dw

Wait. I'm not worrying...?
Original post by gtty123
Wait. I'm not worrying...?

Hey, it's not for you..it's for thread starter I mean..:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by fluttery feeling
Hey, it's not for you..it's for thread starter I mean..:smile:

Ah, right. You confused me for a second lol.
Shift your focus onto all the positives in your own life, your future ambitions and ways to achieve them. :smile:
Rather than making yourself feel upset or envious with needless comparison of your life to that of old friends whose ambitions, lifestyles and personal preferences may be very different to yours.

I'm 26, happily single, live alone and have a very long list of dating dealbreakers.
Many of my friends got married as teenagers and are happily married with children.
Other friends are going through bitter divorces or are trapped in miserable marriages with despised spouses that they live with but have refused to speak a word to in years.
Some friends are very career orientated with six figure pay checks, vast inheritances or have amassed a fortune from successful careers in the modelling/entertainment industry that have enabled them to take an early retirement before the age of 23.

Their lives are very different to mine- due to a combination of personal choices, values, finances and family relationships.
I know that life is too short to waste my valuable time or emotion on negativity.
Best for me to focus on my own future, working towards achieving my own ambitions and doing the things that make me happy.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending