does anyone else have white/silver hair at a young age?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have brown hair and have noticed some silver hair on my temples (not a lot but my guess is it's gonna get worse) because of the contrast.

It doesn't look particularly bad tbh, I just worry girls will think I am older than I am because few people my age have silver hairs...

I have read it's entirely genetic and my brother also has them but not our father...
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started getting the odd silver hair or so around the age of 30 :shakecane: I have one friend who had silver hairs aged around 26 :eek: but I think that's because she was under huge stress
AnActor184
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have brown hair and have noticed some silver hair on my temples (not a lot but my guess is it's gonna get worse) because of the contrast.

It doesn't look particularly bad tbh, I just worry girls will think I am older than I am because few people my age have silver hairs...

I have read it's entirely genetic and my brother also has them but not our father...
Hey. Unfortunately I have a few. I was 13 when I got the first one. My mum took me to a homeopathic doctor and he gave me some medicine that helped reduce it. Maybe you could try to do the same? Either way bear in mind that you’re not the only one and that your worth is more than just your hair. I have the same problem, but it’s alright. My dad had them before but he said it went away. It was a long time ago so I don’t know how reliable that is. Just remember that it’s okay and you’re more than your hair =)
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah but I’m pretty sure my facial hair/ hair will be grey when I’m older.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnActor184)
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I for one think that grey is elegant.

I didn’t say it was.

I’d just rock it. There’s always dye too, so it’s not the end of the world.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've known a few people whose hair began to turn grey during their final year of primary school, generally after a sudden bereavement or enduring serious trauma.
Crossed paths with plenty of female crime survivors or traumatised couples who suffered a stillbirth and their hair had gone totally grey within weeks.
I've been told that sometimes it is connected with genetics.
While other times can be due to stress, shock or undergoing a highly traumatic situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (311)
84.05%
No (59)
15.95%

Watched Threads