The Student Room Group

Social Workers

I know there are social workers that do invaluable work for children, but they did me wrong. My former social worker treated me like I was incompetent, due to my disability.

I don’t trust anyone anymore, it’s funny how desperate I am that I turned to a TSR chat forum page.

Please help me.
Original post by Anonymous
I know there are social workers that do invaluable work for children, but they did me wrong. My former social worker treated me like I was incompetent, due to my disability.

I don’t trust anyone anymore, it’s funny how desperate I am that I turned to a TSR chat forum page.

Please help

Does he/she hurts u with words or physically?
I had a pretty shocking social worker too. It was at a time when I really needed someone to listen to me the most and she (the social worker) couldn’t care less. It can mess with your head because they’re meant to be there for you and when they’re not it’s hard.
The thing that’s got me through hard times was just being there for myself… the ‘if no one else gon be there for me then I’ll be my own ride or die’. It’s important to know your own worth and to know that a disability doesn’t define you- it can only make you a stronger person.
Trusting people will come slowly if they’re a good person and you have patience.
I wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 3
I had a pretty shocking social worker too. It was at a time when I really needed someone to listen to me the most and she (the social worker) couldn’t care less. It can mess with your head because they’re meant to be there for you and when they’re not it’s hard.
The thing that’s got me through hard times was just being there for myself… the ‘if no one else gon be there for me then I’ll be my own ride or die’. It’s important to know your own worth and to know that a disability doesn’t define you- it can only make you a stronger person.
Trusting people will come slowly if they’re a good person and you have patience.
I wish you all the best :smile:

Thank you for your kind words.

My social worker was so self-righteous and believed he didn't do anything wrong. I was abused by the government and education system for years. My family are unsupportive. However, my friends are the most supportive and they would always have my back.
Reply 4
Original post by Alexis55
Does he/she hurts u with words or physically?

Yes, they did.
Yes, they did.

did she hurt u by beating u ?
Reply 6
did she hurt u by beating u ?

No, my social worker wouldn't beat me.

He mentally hurt me with his words.

Sorry, for not clarifying this, in my last post to you.
No, my social worker wouldn't beat me.

He mentally hurt me with his words.

Sorry, for not clarifying this, in my last post to you.

well defend urself with words too ,,,,dont be nice ppl ll eat u if u re nice and smash u and wont care how u feel ,,,u must learn the art of replying back and be brave even if ure disable bcz u didint choose to be so
Reply 8
well defend urself with words too ,,,,dont be nice ppl ll eat u if u re nice and smash u and wont care how u feel ,,,u must learn the art of replying back and be brave even if ure disable bcz u didint choose to be so

I'm very emotionally sensitive, also I'd probably get in trouble for defending myself. He's no longer my social worker, as I turned 18 a few weeks back, but he's the social worker for my siblings.
I'm very emotionally sensitive, also I'd probably get in trouble for defending myself. He's no longer my social worker, as I turned 18 a few weeks back, but he's the social worker for my siblings.

u need to learn to defend urself ,its a need and obligation ,,,leave ur emotions awway ,,,use ur emotion in other situations ,,, u need to learn how to stand for urself

Step by step and u ll be proud of urself

JustTRY
u need to learn to defend urself ,its a need and obligation ,,,leave ur emotions awway ,,,use ur emotion in other situations ,,, u need to learn how to stand for urself

Step by step and u ll be proud of urself

JustTRY

It's not that simple, love.
It's not that simple, love.

I know
but u need to TRY
just TRY
I know
but u need to TRY
just TRY

I have tried, but they shoot me down on a constant basis.
I have tried, but they shoot me down on a constant basis.

what does it mean??
Reply 14
Make a formal complaint and submit any evidence. How can anyone on here help beyond saying that?
Original post by Surnia
Make a formal complaint and submit any evidence. How can anyone on here help beyond saying that?

Fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending