Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know there are social workers that do invaluable work for children, but they did me wrong. My former social worker treated me like I was incompetent, due to my disability.

I don’t trust anyone anymore, it’s funny how desperate I am that I turned to a TSR chat forum page.

Please help me.
username5809044
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know there are social workers that do invaluable work for children, but they did me wrong. My former social worker treated me like I was incompetent, due to my disability.

I don’t trust anyone anymore, it’s funny how desperate I am that I turned to a TSR chat forum page.

Please help
Does he/she hurts u with words or physically?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I had a pretty shocking social worker too. It was at a time when I really needed someone to listen to me the most and she (the social worker) couldn’t care less. It can mess with your head because they’re meant to be there for you and when they’re not it’s hard.
The thing that’s got me through hard times was just being there for myself… the ‘if no one else gon be there for me then I’ll be my own ride or die’. It’s important to know your own worth and to know that a disability doesn’t define you- it can only make you a stronger person.
Trusting people will come slowly if they’re a good person and you have patience.
I wish you all the best
Anonymous #1
I had a pretty shocking social worker too. It was at a time when I really needed someone to listen to me the most and she (the social worker) couldn’t care less. It can mess with your head because they’re meant to be there for you and when they’re not it’s hard.
The thing that’s got me through hard times was just being there for myself… the ‘if no one else gon be there for me then I’ll be my own ride or die’. It’s important to know your own worth and to know that a disability doesn’t define you- it can only make you a stronger person.
Trusting people will come slowly if they’re a good person and you have patience.
I wish you all the best
Thank you for your kind words.

My social worker was so self-righteous and believed he didn't do anything wrong. I was abused by the government and education system for years. My family are unsupportive. However, my friends are the most supportive and they would always have my back.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alexis55)
Does he/she hurts u with words or physically?
Yes, they did.
username5809044
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they did.
did she hurt u by beating u ?
Anonymous #1
did she hurt u by beating u ?
No, my social worker wouldn't beat me.

He mentally hurt me with his words.

Sorry, for not clarifying this, in my last post to you.
username5809044
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, my social worker wouldn't beat me.

He mentally hurt me with his words.

Sorry, for not clarifying this, in my last post to you.
well defend urself with words too ,,,,dont be nice ppl ll eat u if u re nice and smash u and wont care how u feel ,,,u must learn the art of replying back and be brave even if ure disable bcz u didint choose to be so
Anonymous #1
well defend urself with words too ,,,,dont be nice ppl ll eat u if u re nice and smash u and wont care how u feel ,,,u must learn the art of replying back and be brave even if ure disable bcz u didint choose to be so
I'm very emotionally sensitive, also I'd probably get in trouble for defending myself. He's no longer my social worker, as I turned 18 a few weeks back, but he's the social worker for my siblings.
username5809044
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm very emotionally sensitive, also I'd probably get in trouble for defending myself. He's no longer my social worker, as I turned 18 a few weeks back, but he's the social worker for my siblings.
u need to learn to defend urself ,its a need and obligation ,,,leave ur emotions awway ,,,use ur emotion in other situations ,,, u need to learn how to stand for urself

Step by step and u ll be proud of urself

JustTRY
Anonymous #1
u need to learn to defend urself ,its a need and obligation ,,,leave ur emotions awway ,,,use ur emotion in other situations ,,, u need to learn how to stand for urself

Step by step and u ll be proud of urself

JustTRY
It's not that simple, love.
username5809044
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not that simple, love.
I know
but u need to TRY
just TRY
Anonymous #1
I know
but u need to TRY
just TRY
I have tried, but they shoot me down on a constant basis.
username5809044
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have tried, but they shoot me down on a constant basis.
what does it mean??
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make a formal complaint and submit any evidence. How can anyone on here help beyond saying that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Make a formal complaint and submit any evidence. How can anyone on here help beyond saying that?
Fair enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads