Scared To Drive After Car Accident.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I passed my driving test in August 2020 and have never had an accident until a couple of weeks ago. I misjudged how far I was from a fence when pulling into my driveway and scratched and dented the entire side of my car.
£1.5K later and it’s repaired but I’m so scared to drive it again- I was so easily done and so easy to throw that money away.

How do I build my confidence again?
Any similar experiences?
username5809044
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I passed my driving test in August 2020 and have never had an accident until a couple of weeks ago. I misjudged how far I was from a fence when pulling into my driveway and scratched and dented the entire side of my car.
£1.5K later and it’s repaired but I’m so scared to drive it again- I was so easily done and so easy to throw that money away.

Any similar experiences?
well try to practice more in open field where no where there ,,,,,, and from mistakes u learn better ,,,so life or accidents wont stop from trying again unless u wanna became a loser ! YOUR CHOICE !
Ranker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Any similar experiences?
Try a smaller car
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ranker)
Try a smaller car
Haha that’s not possible I drive one of the smallest cars possible. I just need to work on my ability to know where the car is in relation to my surroundings.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alexis55)
well try to practice more in open field where no where there ,,,,,, and from mistakes u learn better ,,,so life or accidents wont stop from trying again unless u wanna became a loser ! YOUR CHOICE !
Yeah I’m definitely going to get back out there…it’s just a matter of how and when.
Ranker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha that’s not possible I drive one of the smallest cars possible. I just need to work on my ability to know where the car is in relation to my surroundings.
What vehicle is it you drive?
username5809044
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I’m definitely going to get back out there…it’s just a matter of how and when.
when u feel u re ready ,and in ur free time and make sure the place is empty ,so u can train ,take s1 else with u to feel comfort and best luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (316)
83.82%
No (61)
16.18%

Watched Threads