Would any ex-prison inmates be willing to answer a few questions

Watch
iCharley_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing my dissertation project on internet access in prison, and I'm just wondering if there are any ex-inmates who may be willing/interested in answering just a few questions about access to technology whilst inside. Any amount of time you served is fine, I am absolutely judgement-free, you don't need to disclose your conviction or any details you don't feel comfortable discussing, but you are more than welcome to tell me about it if you would like to!Thanks in advance
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iCharley_)
I am doing my dissertation project on internet access in prison, and I'm just wondering if there are any ex-inmates who may be willing/interested in answering just a few questions about access to technology whilst inside. Any amount of time you served is fine, I am absolutely judgement-free, you don't need to disclose your conviction or any details you don't feel comfortable discussing, but you are more than welcome to tell me about it if you would like to!Thanks in advance
I could be wrong but im not sure this site is the right demographic.
iCharley_
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
I could be wrong but im not sure this site is the right demographic.
Yeah, I have posted on other sites too, I just happened to come across a couple of people on here posting that they had spent time in prison and were willing to discuss it, so I thought no harm in asking!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just happened to come across a couple of people on here posting that they had spent time in prison and were willing to discuss it, so I thought no harm in asking!
They're 16-year old A* students from Godalming with cardiothoracic consultants as parents, you know. The nearest they've been to 'prison' is when they didn't pass go and collect £200 during that rainy day on holiday in their second home in St. Ives.
iCharley_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
They're 16-year old A* students from Godalming with cardiothoracic consultants as parents, you know. The nearest they've been to 'prison' is when they didn't pass go and collect £200 during that rainy day on holiday in their second home in St. Ives.
Yeah, you may be right. Luckily (in this particular instance), I know a lot more about prison than your average person, so I feel confident I can tell the bored rich kid from someone who has truly experienced it
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Well we've got all those sex offenders, some of them must have been banged up? what about that one that keeps asking about boys briefs and wee? )
iCharley_
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
(Well we've got all those sex offenders, some of them must have been banged up? what about that one that keeps asking about boys briefs and wee? )
I mean, as long as they've served some time, I'm not here to judge what they're into
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what are your questions?
Spoiler:
Show
I'm not an ex-prison inmate lol. Just curious
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah, I'm clean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads