Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My conditional offer was "by 24th august 2021 provide evidence of obtaining an overall average of 60% in the first year of your BSc Chemistry degree at ... university". I got an average go 61% but I failed one of my module (32%), so I can't continue onto year 2 unless I have passed my resit in August. Will KCL still let me in since the condition didn't acc ask for passes in modules, but just an overall average? Even on my transcript it says I can't continue onto year 2 unless I have passed the resit and the transcript will need to be sent to the admissions office as evidence, so I am panicking at the moment. I tried to contact them on King's Apply, but they haven't even replied to any of my messages that I have sent back in May.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think they’ll allow it. Did they say including 60% in the following modules? If not then you’re good. I had to get 75% overall, but including my chemistry and biology modules being at 75%. So yea they are specific with what they say, if they don’t mention it then they don’t care. I’ve uploaded my results yet no response from them and my deadline is 2nd august, I hope they give me a response on time. Literally taking ages when nottingham need a decision from me as well😐.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think they’ll allow it. Did they say including 60% in the following modules? If not then you’re good. I had to get 75% overall, but including my chemistry and biology modules being at 75%. So yea they are specific with what they say, if they don’t mention it then they don’t care. I’ve uploaded my results yet no response from them and my deadline is 2nd august, I hope they give me a response on time. Literally taking ages when nottingham need a decision from me as well😐.
hmmm I really hope so because I still failed a module at the end of the day and it even says on my transcript that I cant continue onto year 2 cuz I failed it, which wouldn't look good. I just want them to reply asap so I can start revision cuz ngl I havnt started revision for my resit yet. Also why is your deadline so early, and they havnt replied to you on kings apply either?
Anonymous #1
hmmm I really hope so because I still failed a module at the end of the day and it even says on my transcript that I cant continue onto year 2 cuz I failed it, which wouldn't look good. I just want them to reply asap so I can start revision cuz ngl I havnt started revision for my resit yet. Also why is your deadline so early, and they havnt replied to you on kings apply either?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Ye so would say start revising but I honestly think Kings college are going to let you in. Your other uni and KCL have different requirements, kcl don’t care about what it says at the top, but the overall percentage they are looking for. I wouldn’t worry, they will accept you. And yh mine is mad early I was stressin cuz results day was legit last week and transcripts take time to load. I uploaded my results and thankfully they replied. Good luck to you, I might see you there!
Anonymous #1
Ye so would say start revising but I honestly think Kings college are going to let you in. Your other uni and KCL have different requirements, kcl don’t care about what it says at the top, but the overall percentage they are looking for. I wouldn’t worry, they will accept you. And yh mine is mad early I was stressin cuz results day was legit last week and transcripts take time to load. I uploaded my results and thankfully they replied. Good luck to you, I might see you there!
Did you get the requirements they were looking for? When did they reply to you and under what section did you send in your results on kings apply so they can respond faster? congratulations if they accepted you! I really hope so honestly cuz i calculated the average myself and even got friends checking and its deffo 61%, but still stressed about the failed module lol. Hopefully itll all work out well and i hope to see you there too!
Anonymous #1
Did you get the requirements they were looking for? When did they reply to you and under what section did you send in your results on kings apply so they can respond faster? congratulations if they accepted you! I really hope so honestly cuz i calculated the average myself and even got friends checking and its deffo 61%, but still stressed about the failed module lol. Hopefully itll all work out well and i hope to see you there too!
Also would you be starting 1st year or 2nd year at kcl? i would have to restart from 1st year again, but I'm not bothered as I am so not ready for second year due to lack of motivation from remote learning, so i technically didn't learn anything for the whole year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads