The Student Room Group

Low iron

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Etomidate
It’s unusual for an iron deficiency to cause these symptoms without an anaemia specifically.

Are you sure it’s not just a calorie/fluid deficiency?

I've had a blood test about six months ago and it showed that I have low iron but not anaemia. I drink a lot of water and I think I eat enough. Being a girl and vegetarian I think that's the cause.
Reply 21
Original post by shooonthebeat
beef

I'm a vedgatarian
Original post by Glemon
I'm a vedgatarian

damn bro, you need some protein rip.
Reply 23
protein shakes

What do you put in them?
Reply 24
Original post by Kathy89
Do you eat dairy food?

I do eat dairy but in foods like butter on toast.
Original post by Glemon
What do you put in them?

milk. I use a blender to mix it.
Reply 26
damn bro, you need some protein rip.

I eat lots of veggie replacements but maybe not enough you're right but also I think it has got worse recently because of blood loss.
Reply 27
milk. I use a blender to mix it.

But like what foods?
Original post by Glemon
I eat lots of veggie replacements but maybe not enough you're right but also I think it has got worse recently because of blood loss.

I was born with a tongue tie which meant less blood reaches my brain, marijuana kinda relieves that because I can breathe deeper. got my tongue tie removed this year.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
linda mccartney, quorn and loads of other meat alternatives are filled with protein and iron. You could take the liquid sachets “spatone” you can get them with vitamin C. You can buy them in boots, superdrug, tesco, amazon. Have a look on google what veg is high in iron but there are plenty of fake meats that are high in iron

Yeah, I love the Linda Mccartney veggie sausages!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Glemon
But like what foods?

fruit and veg. mango and spinach. whatever works for you.
Reply 31
I was born with a tongue tie which meant less blood reaches my brain, marijuana kinda relieves that because I can breathe deeper. got my tongue tie removed this year.

Glad to hear (that you got your tongue tie removed)
Reply 32
fruit and veg. mango and spinach. whatever works for you.

Cool thanks
iron is not absorbed well when using dairy products.
Are you on the pill?
Do you build your meals so iron would absorb better?
Reply 34
Original post by Kathy89
iron is not absorbed well when using dairy products.
Are you on the pill?
Do you build your meals so iron would absorb better?

I'm not on the pill and I have been trying to have cheese like a halloumi burger but milk by itself makes me feel sick.
applewood vegan cheese is SO nice!! you should definitely try it & have some quorn smoky ham sandwiches. Their cheese has added calcium and b12 :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
applewood vegan cheese is SO nice!! you should definitely try it & have some quorn smoky ham sandwiches. Their cheese has added calcium and b12 :smile:

Cool thanks.
Original post by Glemon
I'm not on the pill and I have been trying to have cheese like a halloumi burger but milk by itself makes me feel sick.

You should avoid dairy.
Build your meals in a way the iron is absorbed the best.

Quick Reply

Latest