The Student Room Group

Skin care Help

I had lighter skin in my childhood and now my skin has become quite dark. It is mainly my face which is extremely dark compared to the rest of my body. I think it may be due to the sun. Does anybody have any solutions on how I could regain lighter skin.
wear sunscreen every day, look at some lightening moisturizers, wear makeup?
Reply 2
Sunscreen and a lighter foundation that matches your body
Use a good exfoliator (id use an acid exfoliator) and use some vitamin c products because vitamin c is commonly used for brightening skin and like above wear sunscreen. There's many products out there that work for sun damage but if it's mainly on your face try to build a skincare routine but make sure you look at reviews on products and see if the person you are looking at has similar skin to you. Also, keep in mind that sometimes you will only see visible results after 12 weeks, it does take a while to remove damage from your skin.

There's also some home remedies you can try, I've not tried out many myself but if you would like to use natural ingredients to lighten your skin there are some masks you can try that usually involve lemon (i think its a natural exfoliator) and turmeric. I really think you should explore skincare and watch videos because its trial and error to find out what works for your skin. It may take a bit of effort but have patience.

last thing: out of everything I've said sunscreen is still the most important especially if you are applying vitamin serums/creams to your skin or using anything acid-related so don't skip this. In the summer it may be better to use an enzyme exfoliator or physical exfoliator because acids and the sun don't mix...I'm going to stop rambling now. Good luck!!! :smile:

wait last last thing: Do not buy skincare products from amazon. People easily sell fakes of products or items that have not been packaged properly, tampered with etc. Buy from somewhere trustworthy otherwise something bad may happen.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending