My own mam hates me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I help her out. Always clean up after myself, pay my own way through school and my car. I take her to work every day and bring her back too. I also take care of my brother every day after school for her and my dad to work.

However, she always negative towards me. tells me how I’m never going to survive in the real world I don’t cook my own food and do my own washing. But that’s because she never lets me. She’s seriously ocd and has her own routines of when she washes and cooks food and no one else is allowed to do it.

She says I’m lazy for not having a job. But I pay for my own stuff and am waiting to enter my second year of uni in September. Also, they would be really stuck if I worked cause of the stuff I do.

She always blames her kids for ruining her life for having us so young in her life.

I’ve supported her for years through all of her bad episodes and was always there if she needed me.

I took a two week holiday with my boyfriend and because I didn’t help them out during that time. She tried to claim that I never do anything to help her.

Whenever I try to bring it up to her she has a complete mental breakdown and can’t cope.

I’m saving up to move out but for the time being I don’t know what to do. I’m going to snap at her eventually because it’s hard to hold it in my frustration. What do I do?
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think she's dissatisfied with her life and projects her anger at you as a result. I'd move out, it'll benefit both of you.
Last edited by urlocalinmate; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
I think she's dissatisfied with her life and projects her anger at you as a result. I'd move out, it'll benefit both of you.
Im saving my money to move out but won’t be able to anytime soon. Any advice for the time being?
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also agree with the previous person. For the time being I'd recommend either 1) talking to her about how you feel (if you're close enough to her) or 2) just keeping your distance.
gman9999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I help her out. Always clean up after myself, pay my own way through school and my car. I take her to work every day and bring her back too. I also take care of my brother every day after school for her and my dad to work.

However, she always negative towards me. tells me how I’m never going to survive in the real world I don’t cook my own food and do my own washing. But that’s because she never lets me. She’s seriously ocd and has her own routines of when she washes and cooks food and no one else is allowed to do it.

She says I’m lazy for not having a job. But I pay for my own stuff and am waiting to enter my second year of uni in September. Also, they would be really stuck if I worked cause of the stuff I do.

She always blames her kids for ruining her life for having us so young in her life.

I’ve supported her for years through all of her bad episodes and was always there if she needed me.

I took a two week holiday with my boyfriend and because I didn’t help them out during that time. She tried to claim that I never do anything to help her.

Whenever I try to bring it up to her she has a complete mental breakdown and can’t cope.

I’m saving up to move out but for the time being I don’t know what to do. I’m going to snap at her eventually because it’s hard to hold it in my frustration. What do I do?
Your mum sounds toxic, finish uni, get a job and move out. You can help her from a distance where you sanity is not damaged.
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im saving my money to move out but won’t be able to anytime soon. Any advice for the time being?
Ignore her complaints as much as possible, over-ear eadphones can help block out noise. Keep doing what you're doing though, if you stop, she'll notice and will comolain more. You could also go out more when you're free..
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.1%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.93%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (30)
25.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.54%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
5.93%

Watched Threads