is getting into bristol university hard?

Watch
Raslia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my gcses aren't that good (all fives and 2 sixes). I will be applying to access to engineering soon and have been studying all of the courses that will be included in the subject for the past year (so I think I should do really good).

will my gcses hold me back? I want to get into data science and have been learning python as well. I just know that you have to apply really early on to universities and since access courses are only 1 year I don't even think I will have a predicted grade by the time I would have to apply for university.
veampleo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raslia)
my gcses aren't that good (all fives and 2 sixes). I will be applying to access to engineering soon and have been studying all of the courses that will be included in the subject for the past year (so I think I should do really good).

will my gcses hold me back? I want to get into data science and have been learning python as well. I just know that you have to apply really early on to universities and since access courses are only 1 year I don't even think I will have a predicted grade by the time I would have to apply for university.
your gcses don’t actually matter much to universities, they make decisions based on your level 3s (a levels and btecs). as long as you’ve passed your basics ie maths, english and science (which based on the all fives and sixes you’ve mentioned, you definitely have), you don’t have much else to worry about, just what you are currently studying. access courses (as far as i’m aware? someone correct me if i’m wrong) also have lower requirements than a full 3 year degree.

hope this helps!
Raslia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by veampleo)
your gcses don’t actually matter much to universities, they make decisions based on your level 3s (a levels and btecs). as long as you’ve passed your basics ie maths, english and science (which based on the all fives and sixes you’ve mentioned, you definitely have), you don’t have much else to worry about, just what you are currently studying. access courses (as far as i’m aware? someone correct me if i’m wrong) also have lower requirements than a full 3 year degree.

hope this helps!
thank you!! it did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads