New Job

Watch
Cutiepie789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I started a new job and there’s a girl obviously they’ve been working there for 2+ years and she wasn’t welcoming at all like everyone else and I rarely have shifts with her. But recently I had a shift with her and i was there until the store closed so obviously we have to sort the store out for the next day. She was sorting out some things and so was another worker. But I found it so weird how she told me to dust the shoes fair enough I did it but I didn’t see her telling her friend worker and I found it rude like is she making me do the cleaning like a b. So then she told me to get the hoover to clean I was like I don’t know where it is she goes it’s at the back I go okay and I get it and leave it for her and then I come back she goes can you just Hoover this section I was like okay. But overall I don’t understand why she thinks she has power she’s literally the same level as me like I feel like slapping that b
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't do as she says. She's not a teacher.
Cutiepie789
Rep:
?
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Don't do as she says. She's not a teacher.
That’s what I want to do but how can I just not do as she says
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cutiepie789)
That’s what I want to do but how can I just not do as she says
Walk away.
Amin7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have you reported her to the manager or someone responsible?
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's officially the same level as you but she's been there 2 years which basically means she knows better than you the procedure for closing up. Would you honestly have known what you were expected to do? Just get on with it and in a couple of months when you have really found your feet you can start resisting. If you try now your probation period might not end as you'd like!
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
She's officially the same level as you but she's been there 2 years which basically means she knows better than you the procedure for closing up. Would you honestly have known what you were expected to do? Just get on with it and in a couple of months when you have really found your feet you can start resisting. If you try now your probation period might not end as you'd like!
This is the only good advice on this thread.

Just do your job or quit.
Cutiepie789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Yeah I agree with you, thanks !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise