The Student Room Group

Part time job interview

I’m 17 and I’ve just finished year 12. I’ve been looking for part time jobs and I’ve managed to find one good one. I’ve fluked my way through the application and I got the interview which was yesterday. I was 6 minutes late to it and the interview wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t that good aswell. What should I expect?
Reply 1
expect to wait a bit to hear from them. but if you wajt 5 to 7 days, you could call in to see how the hiring process is going. sometimes it takes weeks to look through all candidates.

however you try to comtact them. always good to start with thanking them for the interview and giving a name. some try to highlight something specific about the interview to remind potential employers who they talked to
Original post by Flxmz
I’m 17 and I’ve just finished year 12. I’ve been looking for part time jobs and I’ve managed to find one good one. I’ve fluked my way through the application and I got the interview which was yesterday. I was 6 minutes late to it and the interview wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t that good aswell. What should I expect?

You could try writing an email to them to say thank you for their time, and why you want to work for them. Show them you're interested and that you'd be a great addition to their team. Best of luck, it's fairly difficult to tell with the way things are at the moment how things will go, but if you show them your passion (even with an interview that wasn't perfect) they won't have a reason to not hire you! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by iwriteletters
You could try writing an email to them to say thank you for their time, and why you want to work for them. Show them you're interested and that you'd be a great addition to their team. Best of luck, it's fairly difficult to tell with the way things are at the moment how things will go, but if you show them your passion (even with an interview that wasn't perfect) they won't have a reason to not hire you! :smile:

Just did right now. Thank you very much. I wish you success in all your future endeavours :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by da_nolo
expect to wait a bit to hear from them. but if you wajt 5 to 7 days, you could call in to see how the hiring process is going. sometimes it takes weeks to look through all candidates.

however you try to comtact them. always good to start with thanking them for the interview and giving a name. some try to highlight something specific about the interview to remind potential employers who they talked to

Thank you for the advice. I forgot to mention they told me if I hear back from them within the next two weeks my spot is confirmed but if I don’t then I’m not hired. I’ve just written them a email showing why I’d be a great fit and provided further detail regarding the questions they asked me. I’m hoping I’m accepted. Fingers crossed
Reply 5
Original post by Flxmz
Just did right now. Thank you very much. [BOLD]I wish you success in all your future endeavours :smile:[/BOLD]

wow. sounds like you belong in human resources

Quick Reply

Latest