Travelling Solo - 18 Years Old

Watch
TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey all, I turned 18 in April and I'm going to be totally honest with you, I have friends but I am not really close with anyone anymore, recently my friend moved away up north, and another one just does he's own thing and all my other "friends" are just people I speak to occasionally and yh its like one of those things where we will go out occasionally but its just not a thing if you now what I mean. I kinda expected this to happen because everyone gets on with their lives now especially around being 18 years old. with me I want to experience everything and just want to live life to its fullest. I am looking to go and travel around the UK and the first thing I want to do is maybe go somewhere and spend the weekend there then over time be able to go out on longer trips go abroad etc.

Is this normal I feel like it will be weird because in the evening lets say I want to goto a pub, will it be weird an 18 year old by himself there.

Also I would love to experience clubbing a lot and go clubbing a lot but this would definitely be weird going to a club by myself. What advice is there that people can give to be able to go clubbing more with people. I have got some people like 1 maybe 2 that will go clubbing but yhh....
TSRAcc20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't personally been solo travelling, but I've heard that if you stay in hostels you'll meet a ton of other solo travellers to hang out with.

You could look up vlogs on YouTube to see what it's like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.66%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.41%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (15)
18.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
35.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed