Best way to stay hairless ???

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m almost 17 and I’ve gotten thick hair growing on my face now and I’m not ready for a beard, how can I reduce hair growth as much as possible and what’s the best way to cut it without making it grow faster or thicker? Currently I use a number 1 blade and it’s slowly growing thicker, any advice pls it makes me anxious tbh
Sophie_Nanase
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Laser hair removal from a trusted clinic in your city. Get a package, normally cheaper if you buy 8 sessions instead of 1. You need at minimum 8 for maximum reduction. Maybe more depending on your genetics (thickness of hair). If you cannot afford laser, by a waxing kit off amazon (they're around £20-£30) and wax it off yourself, or pay for professionals to do it.
Last edited by Sophie_Nanase; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sophie_Nanase)
Laser hair removal from a trusted clinic in your city. Get a package, normally cheaper if you buy 8 sessions instead of 1. You need at minimum 8 for maximum reduction. Maybe more depending on your genetics (thickness of hair). If you cannot afford laser, by a waxing kit off amazon (they're around £20-£30) and wax it off yourself, or pay for professionals to do it.
The thing is I’m only 16 rn, if I laser my beard hair more hair will grow as my beard isn’t no where near developed yet, after it is developed then I believe it can be done, as for waxing I’ve tried that before and ngl it made my hair much more thicker ( went from ‘bum fluff’ to almost stubble like) so not sure what to do
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would you want to stay hairless, you’re basically a young man?… my cousins want more than anything to grow a beard (both blond and brown hair) and take pride in their “beards” (peach fuzz). One being 17, the other 15. 😐

In short, if you want to, you will have to either shell out on laser hair removal (pretty costly) or wax if you don’t want it to come back as thick. Otherwise you’ll just have to shave daily I’m afraid which I can assure you is not good for your skin as when I did this, it dried my skin out/irritated it daily. 🤦*♂️
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Why would you want to stay hairless, you’re basically a young man?… my cousins want more than anything to grow a beard (both blond and brown hair) and take pride in their “beards” (peach fuzz). One being 17, the other 15. 😐

In short, if you want to, you will have to either shell out on laser hair removal (pretty costly) or wax if you don’t want it to come back as thick. Otherwise you’ll just have to shave daily I’m afraid which I can assure you is not good for your skin as when I did this, it dried my skin out/irritated it daily. 🤦*♂️
I just don’t want a beard yet, I like being ‘clean shaven’ but waxing makes my hair thicker
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Without medical intervention there is no way to reduce hair growth, you’re just going to have to shave or trim.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
Without medical intervention there is no way to reduce hair growth, you’re just going to have to shave or trim.
What type of medical intervention
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What type of medical intervention
Laser or hormone therapy.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Laser costs hundreds for facial hair alone and comes back blotchy (also has about a month in between appointments) and a typical full treatment lasts 8 sessions.

Hormones tbh, I don’t think need thinking about IMO.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Electric shaver, much easier than manual razor, cheaper in the long run too. This is what I do to keep mine clean shaven. You'd have to it it every 3-4 days, but you don't need to bother with shaving cream, so it's a quick 5 minute buzz and you're all set.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just don’t want a beard yet, I like being ‘clean shaven’ but waxing makes my hair thicker
Don't wax your face lol. If you do it too much it will permenantly remove the hair follicles and the hair won't grow back.

That means in the future when you're an adult and more hair starts growing in you'll never be able to grow a proper beard and it will look patchy and unnattractive.

Just keep shaving regularly if you prefer to be clean shaven, in a year or two the stubble will probably look good when more hair grows in so you'll be able to just shave once a week and it won't be much effort. Every male goes through the awkward facial hair stage during puberty, doesn't last forever.
Last edited by Chicken.M.; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads