Marryam__x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I procrastinated and now I’ve only got 5 weeks /37 days until my UCAT exam. Is that enough to prepare efficiently to get an above average grade or should I consider pushing my exam by a week
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you have a look at the type of questions till now? Do you have a rough idea what it constitutes?
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm on a 5 week study schedule too, based on how it's going I could even do the exam a little earlier but the slots are gone and I would feel incomplete lol. Everyone is different, it depends on you but I heard the recommended amount based on the best performances is 6 weeks (so not too different)

It's not like an exam where you need to memorise loads of knowledge and regurgitate it, it's more practising technique, being familiar with what each section is like, recognising patterns, literacy/numeracy skills and time keeping skills. It really is just practice. Once you're in the midst of a routine you'll calm down. I was more stressed before I actually started practicing
Last edited by Satori Tendō; 1 month ago
Marryam__x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
I'm on a 5 week study schedule too, based on how it's going I could even do the exam a little earlier but the slots are gone and I would feel incomplete lol. Everyone is different, it depends on you but I heard the recommended amount based on the best performances is 6 weeks (so not too different)

It's not like an exam where you need to memorise loads of knowledge and regurgitate it, it's more practising technique, being familiar with what each section is like, recognising patterns, literacy/numeracy skills and time keeping skills. It really is just practice. Once you're in the midst of a routine you'll calm down. I was more stressed before I actually started practicing
When did u start studying? And how many hours a day are you currently putting in? How are you finding abstract reasoning becaude to me it looks so complicated
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Marryam__x)
When did u start studying? And how many hours a day are you currently putting in? How are you finding abstract reasoning becaude to me it looks so complicated
Again everyone is different and you are most likely more intelligent than me and don't need this much but I typically do it for 9-12pm on weekdays. I know people who did wayyyyy less though
When I say practice helps, I mostly mean AR. The other sections, I find it easier to use my existing skills like basic reading, numeracy, common sense ethics but I understand what you mean AR is very strange and different to any exam questions we've ever seen. So when something is unfamiliar you need to get stuck in and get used to it.
But use SCANS to make sure you check over everything and the more practice questions you do, the better and faster you get at spotting it.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I procrastinated and now I’ve only got 5 weeks /37 days until my UCAT exam. Is that enough to prepare efficiently to get an above average grade or should I consider pushing my exam by a week
Lots of discussion on the UCAT thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6864776
hannahbbk134
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is yours Aug 31st? That’s when mine is !! DOnT push it back until you see your practice scores you might be way better than you think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads