Does she like me or is she messing me about?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Background: Me and this girl met in school and liked each other pretty much instantly. We spoke every day without fail for over a year. She said I was her first love and I definitely had feelings for her. She eventually got with someone else and I went off to uni and so we stopped talking... For the most part. We would occasionally text/call each other but I wanted to be respectful of the relationship she was in.

A few weeks ago, I noticed she had started getting the same train as me to work. I looked at her Instagram and noticed she was single so we started messaging and getting the train together/walking to work together. The sexual tension and the flirting from both sides is ridiculous but she has said she doesn't want anything serious after just getting out of a long relationship - fair enough.

The more time we spend together, the more I like her and the more flirty we get. The other day on the train we were cuddled up for the 40 minute journey and she was saying a lot of things that made me think there could be something between us in the future.

She has also admitted that she has kept all of the gifts I got her from 7 years ago and that she would stalk my social media when she was in her relationship because she was "jealous" of the 2 relationships I had at uni.

All of this seems pretty positive but then she will go 2-3 days without replying to my messages. Even though when we are together she will be on her phone fairly frequently. Which makes me wonder if she's actually interested or is just enjoying the chemistry in person and is stringing me along.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as both of my previous relationships were abusive and so I don't have the best reference point for these sorts of things. Thanks in advance
Anonymous #1
Also, when I've asked to take her out on a date, she agrees and we discuss plans for where to go, what to do etc. but then when it actually comes to trying to arrange it she's always "too busy"
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tldr, fix up fam
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
By reading that I think she does like you. And if she doesn’t reply to her messages you guys are older now and must be busier and have more things to do than 7 years ago when you where probably in Sixth form. It seems like she can’t hold her feelings back but there’s also a chance she could be using you as a rebound. I cannot tell you for sure but analyze her words and movements around you to make sure she’s genuine and if you think she is, give it some time and go for it!
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
By reading that I think she does like you. And if she doesn’t reply to her messages you guys are older now and must be busier and have more things to do than 7 years ago when you where probably in Sixth form. It seems like she can’t hold her feelings back but there’s also a chance she could be using you as a rebound. I cannot tell you for sure but analyze her words and movements around you to make sure she’s genuine and if you think she is, give it some time and go for it!
lol bro, man's chattin bare but not puttin in no work smh
Anonymous #1
Thank you, that's reassuring as I started to wonder if it was just me hoping that she liked me but I think I can safely say from how she is in person she definitely isn't holding anything back and I'd be surprised for someone to act the way she does with me if she didn't like me. I'll try and just be patient and see how it goes
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, that's reassuring as I started to wonder if it was just me hoping that she liked me but I think I can safely say from how she is in person she definitely isn't holding anything back and I'd be surprised for someone to act the way she does with me if she didn't like me. I'll try and just be patient and see how it goes
patience? bro, we got no time to waste fam
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She has also admitted that she has kept all of the gifts I got her from 7 years ago and that she would stalk my social media when she was in her relationship because she was "jealous" of the 2 relationships I had at uni.

I wouldn’t want her to be thinking about you while she was in a relationship..

I don’t think you should pursue her further because she sounds fake, and definitely not someone you should be thinking about for the long-term.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. If you have to question it she isn't the one.
2-3 days without texting you is BS. Everyone has access to their phone at least once every 6 hours.
Last edited by username3477548; 1 month ago
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
2-3 days without texting you is BS. Everyone has access to their phone at least once every 6 hours.
fax
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Also, when I've asked to take her out on a date, she agrees and we discuss plans for where to go, what to do etc. but then when it actually comes to trying to arrange it she's always "too busy"
no leave her
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
honestly idk
mina001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Sometimes conversations are long and draining after a long day of working
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mina001)
Sometimes conversations are long and draining after a long day of working
not long enough.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shooonthebeat)
not long enough.
You have a lot to say to everyone else but haven't actually given me any advice about the situation. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have a lot to say to everyone else but haven't actually given me any advice about the situation. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts
not my fault, I'm filled with too much hate and fake love. my family hates me for my weight and the public hate me for being poly, apparently it's misogynistic 🤷🏽*♂️
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I need clearer targets. I'm pushing YouTube and Spotify but not sure exactly how many streams. Spotify is my primary focus.
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I need clearer targets. I'm pushing YouTube and Spotify but not sure exactly how many streams. Spotify is my primary focus.
Dirty Money is my worst song with the most organic streams.
mina001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not my fault, I'm filled with too much hate and fake love. my family hates me for my weight and the public hate me for being poly, apparently it's misogynistic 🤷🏽*♂️
Yes it is your fault, why are you projecting it on other peoples problems? You seem so self centered
mina001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dirty Money is my worst song with the most organic streams.
You’re so weird, nobody cares. Either help the guy or leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads