brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been doing a minimum wage part time job for about 2 months now. I am also learning to drive, completing summer schools and schemes, and applying to university. I have decided to quit my job already as it makes me dreadfully unhappy.
How to I quit? As i'm only in my two months, do I have to give notice? 'Im taking some holiday next week anyway so my last shifts may possibly be this week and i am unsure what to do. I dont know how to access my contract.
I may add that my manager makes me very uncomfortable and do not want to have extended discussions about me leaving. Is this an issue?
veampleo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brionyvj)
I've been doing a minimum wage part time job for about 2 months now. I am also learning to drive, completing summer schools and schemes, and applying to university. I have decided to quit my job already as it makes me dreadfully unhappy.
How to I quit? As i'm only in my two months, do I have to give notice? 'Im taking some holiday next week anyway so my last shifts may possibly be this week and i am unsure what to do. I dont know how to access my contract.
I may add that my manager makes me very uncomfortable and do not want to have extended discussions about me leaving. Is this an issue?
is there a human resources department where you work? the best shot is always going through them first, they’d have access to your contract and would give you guidance on what you should do with most places, if you’ve been working two months-ish, you would have to give notice still but it’s more like one or two weeks rather than a standard 4.
hope that helps!
brionyvj
Rep:
?
(Original post by veampleo)
is there a human resources department where you work? the best shot is always going through them first, they’d have access to your contract and would give you guidance on what you should do with most places, if you’ve been working two months-ish, you would have to give notice still but it’s more like one or two weeks rather than a standard 4.
hope that helps!
thank you! ill have to look into it as it is a very unorganized place but ill get in touch with HR and ask for advicethanks again
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just walk out and tell them to **** off
brionyvj
Rep:
?
(Original post by shooonthebeat)
just walk out and tell them to **** off
dont tempt me
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dont tempt me
it's what I'm best at lol
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seeing as you haven't been there long, 2 weeks notice seems reasonable enough.
Just write a letter saying that you are leaving, you are giving 2 weeks notice and your last day is X date.
Leave it on the managers desk when you finish work if you don't want to speak to them.
brionyvj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Seeing as you haven't been there long, 2 weeks notice seems reasonable enough.
Just write a letter saying that you are leaving, you are giving 2 weeks notice and your last day is X date.
Leave it on the managers desk when you finish work if you don't want to speak to them.
thats a good ideathank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed