I hate this, I hate SFE they are more useless now then they've ever been.

Watch
Vanryth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have bene trying to apply for my funding for the second year of my PGCE course, however I can't because the sites bugged out and no longer can confirm my financial details, no big deal sure, I should just be able to press My Finances and fix it right? Wrong. For 3 and a half weeks now, I get "Sorry, somethings gone wrong".

So I've waiting for 6 hours a day, for the past 3 weeks trying to get through on the phone. And when I finally, finally did last week their phone reception is so terrible I couldn't even understand the bloke, it was like talking to Megatron. It took us another hour alone just to talk through the problem.

After much trial and error he says the error is resolved and that if I give it a few days it will be done.

A full week later. Same ****ing problem, cannot submit my application and get the exact same bug. I've tried everything but its a issue on their end. I tried ringing today, and only spent 2 hours on hold only to get even WORSE reception then last time!

****ing joke honestly.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vanryth)
I have bene trying to apply for my funding for the second year of my PGCE course, however I can't because the sites bugged out and no longer can confirm my financial details, no big deal sure, I should just be able to press My Finances and fix it right? Wrong. For 3 and a half weeks now, I get "Sorry, somethings gone wrong".

So I've waiting for 6 hours a day, for the past 3 weeks trying to get through on the phone. And when I finally, finally did last week their phone reception is so terrible I couldn't even understand the bloke, it was like talking to Megatron. It took us another hour alone just to talk through the problem.

After much trial and error he says the error is resolved and that if I give it a few days it will be done.

A full week later. Same ****ing problem, cannot submit my application and get the exact same bug. I've tried everything but its a issue on their end. I tried ringing today, and only spent 2 hours on hold only to get even WORSE reception then last time!

****ing joke honestly.
Hi Vanryth, sorry to hear about your experience.

We can access accounts via Facebook/Twitter instead if you don't want to call.

With this error, we would advise you to complete a paper application form and send it in the post.
Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've ****ing DONE THIS. YOUR SUPPORT KEEPS ****ING GETTING THE ISSUE MIXED UP AND NOT HELPING
I don't advise calling regarding this error as the advisor (as per our internal guidelines) will tell you to complete a paper form.

When the website shows the ‘Something has gone wrong’ error, it's automatically reported back to our IT/website department. They have no timescale for fixes however.

You can try and send a screenshot with your account details and a description of the problem to [email protected], but again there is no timescale for a resolution.

The quickest way forward to apply would be by sending us a paper form. This will hopefully resolve your online issues once the paper form is data entered and you can follow all updates from that point online - http://ow.ly/ET7g30r6917

Paper forms can be downloaded from here http://ow.ly/qARv30kGDun

Thanks, Isaac
Vanryth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
I don't advise calling regarding this error as the advisor (as per our internal guidelines) will tell you to complete a paper form.

When the website shows the ‘Something has gone wrong’ error, it's automatically reported back to our IT/website department. They have no timescale for fixes however.

You can try and send a screenshot with your account details and a description of the problem to [email protected], but again there is no timescale for a resolution.

The quickest way forward to apply would be by sending us a paper form. This will hopefully resolve your online issues once the paper form is data entered and you can follow all updates from that point online - http://ow.ly/ET7g30r6917

Paper forms can be downloaded from here http://ow.ly/qARv30kGDun

Thanks, Isaac
I cant' apply via paper as the application is not processable until my finance details are confirmed, which I can't do due to the problem
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cant' apply via paper as the application is not processable until my finance details are confirmed, which I can't do due to the problem
Sorry but that's incorrect.

A paper application form can be processed. Once we receive the form, we will delete the online application and process the paper form.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads