J3ss234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Whats the difference between Citations and References - asking for a friend ? Can you do both if possible?
Last edited by J3ss234; 1 month ago
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J3ss234)
Whats the difference between Citations and References - asking for a friend ? Can you do both if possible?
A reference as part of your reference list goes at the end of your work and includes every single source you've looked at even if you haven't used it within your work. It's done in alphabetical order. A citation is part of the body of your work in the form of a in text citation such as Harvard referencing or in the form of a footnote such as Oxford referencing. In text citations come immediately after where you've immediately taken info from a specific source and you have to 'declare' that.
I'm not sure if you can do both. For my EPQ, I did vancouver referencing (As I did a science based EPQ) and therefore used numbers as my in text citations and then just had a bibliography at the end rather than a reference list, as we were advised bibliographies were easier as they only include sources actually used within your work.
Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads