The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE LLM

Hi everyone, I got into LSE for an LLM and at the time of applying it was everything that I wanted. I was so sure that I wanted to do an LLM, I was over the moon I got accepted into LSE and now that the time is approaching I am doubting this decision! I don't know if anyone has been in this position before and if so, could offer any advice please? Thanks so much in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I'd ask yourself - For what purpose are you doing your LLM? Do you want to work towards the Bar? Are you interested in becoming a Solicitor? If so, what type? Are you interested in Academia?

I'd tailor your approach to your chosen path. For example - If you want to be a Solicitor, a LLM is basically a waste of time. If you want to work towards the Bar.. perhaps it has a little more use.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by DCDCo
I'd ask yourself - For what purpose are you doing your LLM? Do you want to work towards the Bar? Are you interested in becoming a Solicitor? If so, what type? Are you interested in Academia?

I'd tailor your approach to your chosen path. For example - If you want to be a Solicitor, a LLM is basically a waste of time. If you want to work towards the Bar.. perhaps it has a little more use.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I really did think about my approach and what I am doing and as the LLM is a very expensive route, I want to do it further down the line in my career if I gain more interest in Academia.

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to me. :smile:

Quick Reply