Forensicpsychoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone else applied for an area on the merit campaign for PQiP?

I have applied for NW with Warrington my first choice, Chester 2nd and Knowsley 3rd. I clicked to say I wouldn't consider any other region and I'm starting to think maybe that wasn't the best response 🤔.
Today I have emailed recruitment and asked if they will allow me to amend that response and for me to be considered for other regions and wondering if anyone else has been successful in changing this?

I'm even considering complete relocation at this point. Had I have known that after this whole process, a successful assessment day (which is difficult) that even with conditional offer of employment there is a chance I won't get placed, I would have applied for another area completely.

Feeling quite deflated right now as so many others are receiving their locations and start dates.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks 😊
Jamin87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn’t worry at all. Your on a merit list, not the reserve which means you will definitely get a job. It’s just a matter of when. Civil service operate like this all the time. I was on a merit list for a month and got offered recently. Sometimes it’s due to how long it takes to process admin, allocate offers, sort out training/mentors etc.

I’m sure if you contact and your open to where you can be placed you can expedite your start. One thing you will notice is in the civil service, you can contact the addresses and numbers they give you for point of contact, but they won’t have the information you request, so none the wiser. It’s very frustrating and happens across the board.

But anyways, chin up and congrats on passing the board!
Forensicpsychoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Jamin87)
I wouldn’t worry at all. Your on a merit list, not the reserve which means you will definitely get a job. It’s just a matter of when. Civil service operate like this all the time. I was on a merit list for a month and got offered recently. Sometimes it’s due to how long it takes to process admin, allocate offers, sort out training/mentors etc.

I’m sure if you contact and your open to where you can be placed you can expedite your start. One thing you will notice is in the civil service, you can contact the addresses and numbers they give you for point of contact, but they won’t have the information you request, so none the wiser. It’s very frustrating and happens across the board.

But anyways, chin up and congrats on passing the board!
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply- it's music to my ears and just what I needed hear.
I will relax now knowing this is normal.
Thank you again
😀
Jamin87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Forensicpsychoo)
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply- it's music to my ears and just what I needed hear.
I will relax now knowing this is normal.
Thank you again
😀
Your welcome ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads