Stb1750
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone studied this course that could tell me more about it? How did you find it? What did it entail?

Thanks.
Last edited by Stb1750; 1 month ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stb1750)
Has anyone studied this course that could tell me more about it? How did you find it? What did it entail?

Thanks.
Hi! Stb1750

I've just graduated from the University of Portsmouth studying criminology with criminal justice.

In September I will be studying Criminal Justice with Intelligence. I found about the course through my studies at the university and talking to lecturers about further studies.

This is what I found from the module 'Managing Intelligence':
This module provides students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge required to manage the collection, analysis and dissemination of criminal intelligence, and also to manage intelligence professionals. It examines established intelligence models and fundamentals such as the intelligence cycle. It critically assesses the fundamental principles of police intelligence work, providing students with a critical awareness of the intelligence that can be gained from both open and closed intelligence sources. Ethical practice and compliance with human rights legislation, particularly the right to privacy and the right to a fair trial, runs as a thread throughout the whole module.
Module Co-Ordinator: Dr Leah Fox

If you would like to know more than email the course administrator, Rebecca Jackson, [email protected].

I got sent an email a couple of days ago about my course and what it will entail, so hopefully you will too.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
10.96%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (28)
38.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed