Ewan_Young
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting at UEA this September studying medicine, however I'm living at home and commuting from a village, just north of Norwich, about 20 minutes from campus.
If there is by chance anyone else who is living off campus (or far enough to have to commute by means other than on foot) what are your experiences and/or pieces of advice? If you're driving in, where's the best place to park? Do you feel as if your commute is worth it? Have you ever crashed out at a friends accommodation when you can't feasible commute?
This is a rather open ended question, so please feel free to elaborate.
username4144852
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’m starting medicine in September too, I live North city and will be living at home, as I’m older and own my own house. I’d also be interested in others experiences of commuting in. The uni and hospital are both served by the park and ride at thickthorn? I think, so you could use that or maybe there’s buses direct from north city. I have a parking permit for the Norfolk and norwich hospital due to my current job so may just continue to park there, I’ll retain the permit as I’ll be working bank shifts during the course.
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Ewan_Young! Thank you for your questions

Congratulations on getting a place to study medicine, that's amazing! This page has some great information for commuting students so do feel free to have a look at this. I myself am living a commutable distance off campus and I can't imagine an instance after my last year where I'd say it wasn't worth it. I'm having a great time and also looking forward to using my commute to listen to podcasts and audiobooks!

This travel and transport page also highlights some of the offers that local bus services offer students if that's of any interest to you. If you have any other questions just let me know! We can't wait to welcome you in September.

Best wishes,
Danielle
Film and Television Studies
Last edited by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (11)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
17.42%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (22)
14.19%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (44)
28.39%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
16.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed