Does making threads always cause problems?

Watch
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Usually, when I make a thread on TSR it is usually put into pre-moderation after creation and then it is deleted because it was not constructive. Does this always happen? and how can I avoid this in future?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Causes problems when you make five of them all saying the exact same thing.

Make one thread, for one topic, in one forum, and no others.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 1 month ago
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop posting the same thing over and over again and don’t post new threads continuously about the same topics because you don’t get the answers you want.

Classic troll.
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No..? Make your threads more constructive?
fish finger fan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well post something constructive would be my suggestion. As said above if you are posting the same thing multiple times that's not very constructive and is against the rules. Post it once, on one thread with a clear title and try and put it in the right forum e.g study help. If you still don't get a reply after say a day then bump it up through posting in that thread just saying "bump". Due to the high amount of knowledgeable users covering a variety of topics it's very rare your thread will be left unanswered, unless it's not worded well or an unanswerable/ troll thread. Hope this helps.
nnth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
Usually, when I make a thread on TSR it is usually put into pre-moderation after creation and then it is deleted because it was not constructive. Does this always happen? and how can I avoid this in future?
same as everyone else above. Also, search in the TSR search bar to see whether anyone has previously done a really similar post to you, and whether yours will basically be a replica to theirs. Likewise, for some conundrums, you can just use the world wide web, sites such as Google or Ecosia to resolve your issues.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nnth)
same as everyone else above. Also, search in the TSR search bar to see whether anyone has previously done a really similar post to you, and whether yours will basically be a replica to theirs. Likewise, for some conundrums, you can just use the world wide web, sites such as Google or Ecosia to resolve your issues.
The TSR search bar is about as useful as a message in a bottle to solve your problem.
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nnth)
As Dec said, TSR search is terrible. Searching "site:thestudentroom.co.uk [insert query]" is considerably better.
(also DuckDuckGo is another great search engine )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads