Do international students have to quarantine when coming to the UK?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do fully vaccinated, international students from amber-list countries have to quarantine when entering the UK to study?
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do fully vaccinated, international students from amber-list countries have to quarantine when entering the UK to study?
At the current moment it depends. If you vaccine has been soministred by the NHS you don't have to quarantine. But if you vaccine has been done in your home country you have to quarantine
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, yes you do have to quarantine but its a self quarantine not the hotel controlled quarantine like that of students coming from red zone countries. I'd advise you keep an eye on the UK government travel updates because things are in constant review and could change.

Hope this helps

Lee-UoP Rep
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi, yes you do have to quarantine but its a self quarantine not the hotel controlled quarantine like that of students coming from red zone countries. I'd advise you keep an eye on the UK government travel updates because things are in constant review and could change.

Hope this helps

Lee-UoP Rep
Yes I think from the 2nd they are going to change some rules for double jabbed people from the US and EU.
Last edited by XanaXoid; 1 month ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At this point the UK has a higher infection rate than some amber list countries so I imagine they'll conveniently change the goalposts for political reasons soon enough anyway...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads