recently estranged / returning to uni after a year away , don't know what to do

Watch
trishybee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm supposed to be going back to uni after spending a year away from uni so i haven't been in contact with my tutors for a year. Its under a year but a good few months ago I became irreconcilably estranged from my mum, my dad I havent seen or spoken to since I was around 16 and I'm 24 now. Because I have just been sofa surfing /staying with friends while I work in different cities for around 7 months I havent got any way of proving my estrangement as it's not something I've spoken to a doctor about or a counsellor or anything. What can I do?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by trishybee)
i'm supposed to be going back to uni after spending a year away from uni so i haven't been in contact with my tutors for a year. Its under a year but a good few months ago I became irreconcilably estranged from my mum, my dad I havent seen or spoken to since I was around 16 and I'm 24 now. Because I have just been sofa surfing /staying with friends while I work in different cities for around 7 months I havent got any way of proving my estrangement as it's not something I've spoken to a doctor about or a counsellor or anything. What can I do?
Hi Trishybee, ideally we would need a professional person to complete the estrangement form http://ow.ly/d/8pcZ

If you don't have anyone that can do this then you can just write a letter yourself explaining how long you have been estranged, when you last had contact with your parents and more about the situation.

Without providing any professional evidence, your claim is very unlikely to be accepted in my opinion.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (36)
14.94%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.84%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed