The Student Room Group

PGCE entry question

Hi

I will be graduating in July 2023, entering my second year in Sep 2021. I want to know approximately when to apply for the PGCE course.. Will it be next year's Sep/Oct time? If I want to do the 2023 entry for PGCE?

Thank you.
Original post by Mee00
Hi

I will be graduating in July 2023, entering my second year in Sep 2021. I want to know approximately when to apply for the PGCE course.. Will it be next year's Sep/Oct time? If I want to do the 2023 entry for PGCE?

Thank you.

Applications for courses starting in September 2023 should open in October 2022. Unlike undergrad UCAS applications, there's not an exact deadline for when applications have to be sent - some people apply and get accepted during the summer holidays right before the course starts. Different courses will fill up at different times. However, to be safe and to give yourself time to make arrangements, you're probably best off applying before Christmas time.

Also, choose the time that you apply carefully! Some training providers will invite you to interview very soon after your application is sent, so don't apply right before a period when you have lots of exams or coursework deadlines.
Reply 2
Original post by bluebeetle
Applications for courses starting in September 2023 should open in October 2022. Unlike undergrad UCAS applications, there's not an exact deadline for when applications have to be sent - some people apply and get accepted during the summer holidays right before the course starts. Different courses will fill up at different times. However, to be safe and to give yourself time to make arrTangements, you're probably best off applying before Christmas time.

Also, choose the time that you apply carefully! Some training providers will invite you to interview very soon after your application is sent, so don't apply right before a period when you have lots of exams or coursework deadlines.

Thank you for the reply!

Did you mean I should start thinking to apply this Christmas (December 2021)?

Haha that's true and placement lol
Original post by Mee00
Thank you for the reply!

Did you mean I should start thinking to apply this Christmas (December 2021)?

Haha that's true and placement lol

For September 2023 entry, that would be December 2022 (you can't apply before October of the previous year, unless deferring a year I guess).
Reply 4
Original post by Mee00
Hi

Thank you.

Others have answered this specific question, but it is worth taking the time to thoroughly understand the application process. I think it might have changed in recent years, but four years ago it was long and protracted.

Good luck!
Hi @Mee00,

Great comments already given here, you can start preparing now and understanding the process it is the 'Apply' service you use now to apply not UCAS so has changed recently. Please do register with Get into Teaching for bespoke guidance and support on choosing the best provider for your needs. Call 0800 389 2500 or register here. We can help you and guide you through the process so you are ready to apply when the time comes.

Hope that helps
Olivia
Reply 6
Original post by hotpud
Others have answered this specific question, but it is worth taking the time to thoroughly understand the application process. I think it might have changed in recent years, but four years ago it was long and protracted.

Good luck!

Thank You!
Reply 7
Original post by Get into Teaching
Hi @Mee00,

Great comments already given here, you can start preparing now and understanding the process it is the 'Apply' service you use now to apply not UCAS so has changed recently. Please do register with Get into Teaching for bespoke guidance and support on choosing the best provider for your needs. Call 0800 389 2500 or register here. We can help you and guide you through the process so you are ready to apply when the time comes.

Hope that helps
Olivia

Thank you for your help !
Original post by Mee00
Thank you for your help !

Hello @Mee00

The link that Olivia shared doesn't seem to be highlighted. So here it is! https://adviser-getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/

The adviser you request the support from will be able to help with all aspects of a Teacher Training course application, and also ensure that you are as up-skilled as possible to make a successful application if you wish to!

All the best, Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending