How do you talk about university performance when applying to transfer universities?

Watch
Zackary12345
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am at a stage where I am talking about my performance in Year 1 for my UCAS personal statement. What should I include? What should I talk about? Should I go into detail about specific assignments, or a general overview of each module?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You do? I mean I've transferred to Durham a few years ago and never mentioned it. A PS needs to be about why you are applying to the course, the university will just want to see your first year transcript.
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it would be best if you just wrote one line which was something along the lines of "I have demonstrated my ability to work hard during my first year at university where I achieved X%"

You will be putting your grades in UCAS anyways so they can see those so no point wasting a massive portion of your PS breaking down module results.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zackary12345)
I am at a stage where I am talking about my performance in Year 1 for my UCAS personal statement. What should I include? What should I talk about? Should I go into detail about specific assignments, or a general overview of each module?
You PS is about your academic interests and motivation - specific assignments that you enjoyed you can talk about but it's a PERSONAL statement not a recitation of the syllabus or a piece of academic writing. Talk about what you enjoyed, what you found challenging, how you approached the work etc.

Your results and modules go in the education section
Your general performance goes in your reference
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads