ConfusedAmbivert
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! So I'm thinking of applying to Manchester Met this September and really want to know if the uni is quite diverse? I'm excited and nervous about starting uni as I'm moving away from home but looking forward to it.

I love to meet new people and learn new things so just wanted to know if I should expect a lot of internationals at the uni? Also, are there many mature students (21+) at the uni too?

So yeah, let me know about your experiences and if you're planning on studying there, what course is it? Let's get chatting
Hatty Matty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ConfusedAmbivert)
Hey! So I'm thinking of applying to Manchester Met this September and really want to know if the uni is quite diverse? I'm excited and nervous about starting uni as I'm moving away from home but looking forward to it.

I love to meet new people and learn new things so just wanted to know if I should expect a lot of internationals at the uni? Also, are there many mature students (21+) at the uni too?

So yeah, let me know about your experiences and if you're planning on studying there, what course is it? Let's get chatting
Hi, I am planning to study at MMU in this September. I am Lithuanian, who lives in England already for quite while so I am neither international nor home student. I will study English and History degree. I am not sure if I am consider mature student but I will be soon 20 years old.

I have heard that MMU is very diverse as I have a lot of friends that are planning to go to MMU too and they are all from different countries, so I think you won't be alone from diverse perspective.

Hope this helps you.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ConfusedAmbivert)

Hi ConfusedAmbivert

Thank you for considering coming to study with us here at Manchester met!

Our university is very diverse as we have a range of students from different backgrounds, different countries and of all ages! We also have The University of Manchester and Salford University so Manchester is a really diverse city of students.

I thought it might be helpful to tell you about some of the support we offer for our international students for them to connect with other international students and our home students. Firstly, we offer an International buddy scheme, which is all about making new friends and introducing new overseas studs to Manchester Metropolitan University and Manchester itself.The International Buddy Scheme aims to support international students settle into their new life in Manchester, make friends and learn about the British culture

You will have your own buddy that you will be set in contact with for you to get to know and there will be many social events and trips you can take as part of the scheme. It is a great opportunity to connect with a range of different students.

We have International support officers which can assist you in numerous things during your time at university.

We have an international student group at our Student Union, which you can join ( we also have a range of other clubs you can join to meet a bunch of new people!) The International Student Group is a community of International Students. It is the perfect place to meet new people, immerse yourself in the British culture and to have fun while doing so. They do events, trips and campaigns that resonate with the international student experience.You can find more information here: https://www.theunionmmu.org/your-voice/international-students-group

I hope some of this helps!! Hopefully, we will see you in September
Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed