RedVelvet16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I write notes for History iGCSE (edexcel)?
Do I write about causes, events, and consequences for everything?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RedVelvet16)
How do I write notes for History iGCSE (edexcel)?
Do I write about causes, events, and consequences for everything?
I write a short summary of everything in bullet points, that is really helpful when revising but the best way is to make flashcards and mindmaps
RedVelvet16
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I write a short summary of everything in bullet points, that is really helpful when revising but the best way is to make flashcards and mindmaps
Thank you -- do you think detailed notes may be useful as well?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RedVelvet16)
Thank you -- do you think detailed notes may be useful as well?
I actually made them as well and tbh I barely looked at them but my flashcards and mindmaps are very detailed though and I pretty much memorized them. Also what textbook do you have?
Mulefa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing history iGCSE too! I think looking at the spec helps because it tells you exactly what things you need to know the causes/effects on. I made flashcards with basic notes and facts for each event so I could use them for the 8-marker question and also apply them to the 16-marker. If you're really struggling and need some help, you might want to buy the Mr Budd History revision packs - they include loads of summary information and facts for each topic.

What topics are you doing? I've got Nazi Germany, Cold War, and the USA (they cut China because of covid).
RedVelvet16
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I actually made them as well and tbh I barely looked at them but my flashcards and mindmaps are very detailed though and I pretty much memorized them. Also what textbook do you have?
Great -- thanks!!

I have the Edexcel International GCSE (9-1) History Student Book for a development of a dictatorship, Germany; the cold war; USA; and medicine I'll probs get next year as I'm in Y10!

This is the link to one of them: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Int...c=1&th=1&psc=1
Last edited by RedVelvet16; 1 month ago
RedVelvet16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mulefa)
I'm doing history iGCSE too! I think looking at the spec helps because it tells you exactly what things you need to know the causes/effects on. I made flashcards with basic notes and facts for each event so I could use them for the 8-marker question and also apply them to the 16-marker. If you're really struggling and need some help, you might want to buy the Mr Budd History revision packs - they include loads of summary information and facts for each topic.

What topics are you doing? I've got Nazi Germany, Cold War, and the USA (they cut China because of covid).
Thanks so much; I'll definitely keep this in mind!!

Yes, I'm doing the same but instead of China, I'm doing medicine!
username5817396
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mulefa)

Im doing the exact same topic haha, I personally like to make concise and factual notes on a word or google doc as it doesn’t strain my hands as much (due to the massive content that History has) and I can easily come back and 1. Look stuff up quickly 2. Edit my notes to make them better. However the way you revise is 100% up to you as I hate Flashcards as they just don’t work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads