zb14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, so right now im going to go into year 13 of btec applied science level 3 extended diploma. however, recently i decided i want to do a computer science subject related degree at uni like ITMB. would i have to change my course to be able to do that? i checked the websites of some unis and it said you have to call to make sure for specific btecs but they aren't picking up. i really don't to have to start year 12 again
Hatty Matty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you do anything related to computer science for GSCE? I was in similar situation like you. I just finished applied science and wanted to apply for software engineering, but my university told me that I don't anything related to computers, neither from college or high school ( I could have taken a foundation year but I didn't want to). Maybe your university will let you do it? I mean they let me do English and History degree which is also not related to applied science, neither I did history in high school. But I guess they didn't have enough students for English and History degree and I both degrees were fine for me. Hope this helps for you.
zb14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hatty Matty)
Did you do anything related to computer science for GSCE? I was in similar situation like you. I just finished applied science and wanted to apply for software engineering, but my university told me that I don't anything related to computers, neither from college or high school ( I could have taken a foundation year but I didn't want to). Maybe your university will let you do it? I mean they let me do English and History degree which is also not related to applied science, neither I did history in high school. But I guess they didn't have enough students for English and History degree and I both degrees were fine for me. Hope this helps for you.
thankyou so much, i don't mind doing a foundation year, I'm thinking of doing this computer course at manchester university. which universities did you get accepted at?
Last edited by zb14; 1 month ago
Hatty Matty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zb14)
thankyou so much, i don't mind doing a foundation year, I'm thinking of doing this computer course at manchester university. which universities did you get accepted at?
Check if Manchester university does foundation year and what they want for it. Because sometimes even their foundation year has pretty high entry levels.

I got into Manchester Met university.
Anonymous12065
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zb14)
hi, so right now im going to go into year 13 of btec applied science level 3 extended diploma. however, recently i decided i want to do a computer science subject related degree at uni like ITMB. would i have to change my course to be able to do that? i checked the websites of some unis and it said you have to call to make sure for specific btecs but they aren't picking up. i really don't to have to start year 12 again
What GCSEs do you have?
zb14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous12065)
What GCSEs do you have?
mostly 4 and 5s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads