Female bestie Want me as her back up?

Watch
Aditya Aa f5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We both have strong bonding but she is having a soft corner for her x and she used to do talking with him but her x only want to fight and want to disturb her.....We have a small fight and after tha t that her ego got hurt and she simply say its over with in a sec she forgot all my efforts ....
and now 5 days its my birthday she call me and we talked almost 3hr ....The main point is that when she start talking to me she feels mentally peace and but she is saying now that in her life there is so many complications and she don't want me to be a part of that .....But she do all the thing that simply indicates that she need me ....But when i asked her she refused ....And keep hurting me again and again ...she also know that i am right and her x is nothing if she start comparing ....
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you say she keeps hurting you, how do you mean?

You say that she fights with her ex, but you also mention that you had a fight with her yourself. The mindset where someone else "needs you" for their mental health is not a good one - it's kind of arrogant, like "I'm okay, you're not okay" - and it doesn't sound like she's wholeheartedly agreeing with it. Are you sure you're not sort of prescribing yourself for her just because you want to be with her?

Even if we assumed you are "better for her" than her ex (which I'm not convinced of), she needs to make that decision for herself. Pressuring her or forcing yourself into her life will help nobody.
Aditya Aa f5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
When you say she keeps hurting you, how do you mean?

You say that she fights with her ex, but you also mention that you had a fight with her yourself. The mindset where someone else "needs you" for their mental health is not a good one - it's kind of arrogant, like "I'm okay, you're not okay" - and it doesn't sound like she's wholeheartedly agreeing with it. Are you sure you're not sort of prescribing yourself for her just because you want to be with her?

Even if we assumed you are "better for her" than her ex (which I'm not convinced of), she needs to make that decision for herself. Pressuring her or forcing yourself into her life will help nobody.
She told me that ....I am better person and she aslo say so many times that she just want to leave her x ...Her x use abusive words ...In the messages ...The main point is she pretend that she is ok but when we talk she automatically go in a relaxing state and right now she just want a peace state and on the other hand she is saying that plz Carry forward in your life ....but she always make me feel that she need me a lot ....Because there is no one for her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed