What happens if I don't have enough UCAS points?

Watch
Anthony813
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My current grades (they are not predicted, they are actual grades) add up to 96 ucas points and I need 112 points, I am missing 16. What happens then? Will the uni reject my application? Is there a way to convince them to let me in anyway or a way to somehow get those 16 points? The course I am applying for is Cyber Security and Digital Forensics at Kingston University.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anthony813)
My current grades (they are not predicted, they are actual grades) add up to 96 ucas points and I need 112 points, I am missing 16. What happens then? Will the uni reject my application? Is there a way to convince them to let me in anyway or a way to somehow get those 16 points? The course I am applying for is Cyber Security and Digital Forensics at Kingston University.
Send them evidence of your results. They'll review them and may still accept you anyway. They may pop you on hold until A-Level results day to consider all 'near miss' offer holders together.

There's really no convincing them or earning additional points at this stage, you just need to await their decision.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nobody can tell you what is going to happen. In a normal exam year universities often accept dropped grades or points. It is impossible to tell whether this will happen his year due to the uncertainty over Teacher Assessed Grades and whether these will be inflated or not.

As already advised the only thing you can do is await Kingston's decision which will probably on A level results day. If they do reject you look elsewhere through clearing.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There area few things that might happen:

1/ You might still be accepted anyway This will depend on a couple things like if your PS is really good.

2/They could offer you a alternative but related course which will be up to you whether you accept it on track or not.

3/ They may offer you a foundation year which will allow you on to the course next year this will be done at the uni they might offer you this on wha they call a foundation degree (foundation year, year 1 year 2) which you can then top up to a full degree so you'll spend four years at uni instead of three. This course is in clearing (4 years including foundation) and the UCAS course code you'll need is G4NX)

4/You might be able to do an HND in the same course that's 2 years and either be allowed on to the second or 3rd (top up) year to get your honours degree.

Does that help at all.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What Happens on Results Day - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day

Then read this - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...on-results-day
DGHE
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Anthony,

As Jonathan mentioned, the 'HND' route is a good way to get your bachelor's degree. Here at DGHE, we offer the HND in Public Services for those who want to pursue a career in Police Service, Criminal Intelligence, Major Crime Investigation, Crime Analytics, Justice Services such as in Probation / Youth Justice, Security Services Personnel and other Criminal Justice support agencies. After completing the two years programme you can opt to study one more year on the Top-up in Criminology and Criminal Justice.

Hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (18)
16.51%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.34%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.5%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
38.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (26)
23.85%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads