Going into Y13. (College/sixthform)

Watch
heyitsme123_12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I thought I would start a thread for all of us going into Y13 this coming September.

Did you enjoy your first year? Was it what you expected?
Did you perform well or do you hope to perform better?
What went well in the year & what didn't go so well?
Which universities are you thinking of applying for?
Have you began your personal statement?
What subjects did you do and what are your predicted grades? (only share if you are comfortable ).

I will go first.
1) I did enjoy this year and it was pretty much what I expected except the work wasn't what I thought it was.
2) Oh I did poorly this year, as soon as lockdown hit, I lost all concentration and procrastinated the rest of the year.
3)What went well- think I improved my social skills and self confidence. My grades didn't go so well!
4) I have no idea! Maybe an oxbridge one or Russell group uni.
5) Nope!
6) Oh god I am embarrassed, I did Chemistry (predicted C), maths (E) and physics (E). Hoping to turn them into As next academic year!
xkatierebecca
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey i’ll add on here:
1) i enjoyed year 12 a lot! i went to college instead of sixth form and left all my friends behind but made loads of new ones and really increased my confidence. the work seemed suspiciously ok to cope with which i wasn’t expecting, might just be my choices though
2) i have no motivation apart from when i had a test looming which affected my mocks, ive spent my summer so far saying i’d revise and do homework but it’s been 3 weeks and i’ve done nothing lol
3) confidence increase loads and made new friends, happy with my grades but finding the motivation to actually study for them was really hard
4) thinking of applying for plymouth, ntu or lincoln for paramedic science but could end up going somewhere or doing something completely different
5) i do biology, applied psychology (btec) and drama and i’m not sure abt predicted but got A, B, and a pass in mocks
heyitsme123_12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by xkatierebecca)
hey i’ll add on here:
1) i enjoyed year 12 a lot! i went to college instead of sixth form and left all my friends behind but made loads of new ones and really increased my confidence. the work seemed suspiciously ok to cope with which i wasn’t expecting, might just be my choices though
2) i have no motivation apart from when i had a test looming which affected my mocks, ive spent my summer so far saying i’d revise and do homework but it’s been 3 weeks and i’ve done nothing lol
3) confidence increase loads and made new friends, happy with my grades but finding the motivation to actually study for them was really hard
4) thinking of applying for plymouth, ntu or lincoln for paramedic science but could end up going somewhere or doing something completely different
5) i do biology, applied psychology (btec) and drama and i’m not sure abt predicted but got A, B, and a pass in mocks
Hi,
Wow you did really well which is great and it's nice to hear you made lots friends and improved your confidence. I can definitely relate to the having no motivation and telling myself I'd revise during the holidays but not doing anything lol.
I'm glad you enjoyed your first year, good luck in y13 .
xkatierebecca
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heyitsme123_12)
Hi,
Wow you did really well which is great and it's nice to hear you made lots friends and improved your confidence. I can definitely relate to the having no motivation and telling myself I'd revise during the holidays but not doing anything lol.
I'm glad you enjoyed your first year, good luck in y13 .
thank you! good luck to you too yeah i really need to start revising lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads