Sxmeerr12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I study btec applied science extended diploma, im at distinction stars and my teachers said multiple times i would be better in a level, however the head of subject declined and said its too late to switch, i was wondering if i did another year at college would i be able to switch to alevel?, i am planning to go i to medicine but i heard its impossible with btec
Hatty Matty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, is it your first year at college? Because if it yes ,then you should be able to resit year 12 next year and do A' levels. Just be careful as if you fail next year won't be able to get one more year. You can have maximum 3 years at college. And yes it will impossible to study medicine after btec. I myself just finished applied science and I could have chosen pharmacy ( not all universities allows with btec though), psychology, biomedical science, nursing, midwifery and many other none related subjects.. So if you want to go to medicine I would suggest to change into A' levels but make sure that you won't fail them as you won't get more chances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads