ne97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
According to GMC's website, Lithuania is listed as not eligible for a provisional license but I think it may be for full registration....im not entirely sure.
It's worth noting that we have an "internship" for approximately 6 months during the final year, which leads me back to whether or not I can qualify for FY2.

Would appreciate any help with this cause I'm utterly lost :confused:.

Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by ne97; 1 month ago
HHaricot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ne97)
According to GMC's website, Lithuania is listed as not eligible for a provisional license but I think it may be for full registration....im not entirely sure.
It's worth noting that we have an "internship" for approximately 6 months during the final year, which leads me back to whether or not I can qualify for FY2.

Would appreciate any help with this cause I'm utterly lost :confused:.

Thanks in advance!!
You can only start the foundation 2 year programme if you are on a provisional licence in f1. The gmc are the decision makers here. So if they have determined your course gets a full licence, that is that for the 2 year programme.
You can apply for f2 standalone - which is for IMG and returners to practice predominantly. If you go on the ukfpo website it is the one year programme. Usually you start to apply January-ish time for the following august.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hey I graduated like yourself from an EU country as a british citizen.

I would recommend applying to FY1 trust grade (non training) posts for the first year, to build up knowledge/confidence.

Then apply for FY2 standalone, training.

This is what I did and it gave me plenty of time to build my portfolio also for CST. Dont make the mistake and jump into the deep end going straight to FY2 unless you are truly confident/have experience in the NHS.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I know, if your course does not have any internship before graduation then you are eligible for provisional registration. But if it does include internship, it needs to be 1 year long including 3 months internal medicine and 3 months surgery to be eligible for full registration. If your internship is only 6 months long, it doesn't qualify for full registration. I suspect the GMC website says you don't qualify for provisional because your internship counts as "some postgraduate experience" to them, even though it's part of your degree in Lithuania. But unless it says explicitly on the GMC website that it's acceptable for full registration then it probably isn't.

Your best bet is to call the GMC, speak to an adviser and tell them the details about your qualification, how long you spent in each rotation during your internship etc. If they are not sure, you can ask them to take your details down while they ask a senior, and get them to call you back when they have more information. When it's undecided which registration you qualify for, it's usually on a case by case basis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads