Women in boxing

Watch
JVM2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is everyone's views on women in boxing?

I watched the Olympics and there was women boxing first and then male boxing took place afterwards.

Noticed many get into the sport these days unlike in the 80s.
Little pecker
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You know the way you feel when a tap is running?

That’s how I feel about Women’s boxing.
JVM2020
Rep:
?
Are you saying you are sexually attracted?

Good grief!
Georgia Jayy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JVM2020)

I watched the Olympics and there was women boxing first and then male boxing took place afterwards.

Noticed many get into the sport these days unlike in the 80s.
As a woman I love it!

It might not be as popular as many male-dominated sports are but I think it's important we have that representation and show young girls and women they can do these things too - I think the rise in it is due to a lot more women wanting to either be able to show they can do these things as well as men (even often better than them) and in general I know a lot of women taking boxing classes as self-defense which is also really great!
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Violent dangerous sport that should not be in the Olympics.
I have no opinion on women specifically participating, I dont care.
Driving_Mad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
Violent dangerous sport that should not be in the Olympics.
I have no opinion on women specifically participating, I dont care.
Not as violent as taekwondo, and there are other forms of fighting / martial arts in the Olympics. Pretty sure there are more injuries from gymnastics and horse riding than in boxing.

There have been no dangerous incidents involving boxing in this Olympics so far. You clearly have no knowledge about the sport, and are very narrow-minded.
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
Not as violent as taekwondo, and there are other forms of fighting / martial arts in the Olympics. Pretty sure there are more injuries from gymnastics and horse riding than in boxing.

There have been no dangerous incidents involving boxing in this Olympics so far. You clearly have no knowledge about the sport, and are very narrow-minded.
I dont like taekwondo either. The sole intent of both is literally to beat up and 'knock out' your opponent, its shouldnt be a shock why there are high rates of long-term brain damage and plenty of other injuries that come out of the sport, even if there havent been any in this year's Olympics yet.
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 month ago
Driving_Mad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
I dont like taekwondo either. The sole intent of both is literally to beat up and 'knock out' your opponent, its shouldnt be a shock why there are high rates of long-term brain damage and plenty of other injuries that come out of the sport, even if there havent been any in this year's Olympics yet.
Haven’t you watched amateur boxing ? 95% of the fights have went the full distance in the Olympics. In amateur boxing the gloves are heavier so less risk and damage caused from punches.

You said “there are ***high***rates of long-term brain damage”. Have you got proof of this?

Actually, there have been scientific reports linking football to dementia / brain damage, but you probably don’t want that not to be in the Olympics…

You don’t think the fighters know fighting can lead to brain damage…..
Last edited by Driving_Mad; 1 month ago
IlikeDonerKebab
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Couldn't care less.
Lmao
Spoiler:
Show
savage right there 😂
JVM2020
Rep:
?
Can a curvy woman still be curvy if she is boxing ?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

(...)
I don't mind, on the contrary I have a high opinion on that. Boxing is a tough and physical sport that required high persistance and a good body coordination, and everyone who gives this a try has my deep respect. Apart from the gender

Driving_Mad you certainly agree.
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can a curvy woman still be curvy if she is boxing ?
what
Driving_Mad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
I don't mind, on the contrary I have a high opinion on that. Boxing is a tough and physical sport that required high persistance and a good body coordination, and everyone who gives this a try has my deep respect. Apart from the gender

Driving_Mad you certainly agree.
Yeah for sure I don’t mind it, if I like a certain fighter’s fighting style I’ll watch them fight regardless of whether they are male or female. For example Katie Taylor is very good and I like watching her fights.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not arsed tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads