freshers week 2021 for second years with noone to go with

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So because of covid + severe social anxiety (which I think I've semi overcome through my first year but that's not relevant to this), I'll be starting second year soon and have noone to go with. It's a campus uni so clubs will mainly be second years plus for freshers.

Should I go alone, how can I meet people before then to go with as I'm currently in my second year house alone (I've met the other people I live with but I don't know them at all and theyre probably not coming till September when stuff will have sold out)
Dnsnnssn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm ....do you have club or societies in your campus over the summer? If so you could do those and get to know a few people from there.
Or join a gym or sports club associated with your uni, perhaps you will meet people from there?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So because of covid + severe social anxiety (which I think I've semi overcome through my first year but that's not relevant to this), I'll be starting second year soon and have noone to go with. It's a campus uni so clubs will mainly be second years plus for freshers.

Should I go alone, how can I meet people before then to go with as I'm currently in my second year house alone (I've met the other people I live with but I don't know them at all and theyre probably not coming till September when stuff will have sold out)
Hello

Clubs and societies are a great way to meet new people, also people on your course that you didn't have the opportunity to meet last year.

If i was in your situation i would go alone (because there is nothing wrong with that!) and you may even meet people out and about.

I wouldn't stress about meeting new people, this is something you have to let come naturally, you cannot force new friendships, but you should take every opportunity you get to meet new people and see where that takes you.

Have a great second year, good luck with everything!

Andrew
UoP Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads