lero.2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am thinking of going to uni of leeds through clearing for law, but they’re not currently offering it on their website. Does anyone know if I would be able to get there via clearing or if I should keep with my current uni offer
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lero.2002)
I am thinking of going to uni of leeds through clearing for law, but they’re not currently offering it on their website. Does anyone know if I would be able to get there via clearing or if I should keep with my current uni offer
Clearing lists change all the time, so you’re best off checking again on results day to see if they have any vacancies then. If they do, you’re supposed to decline your current offer before speaking to Leeds.

If it’s not on their vacancy list then, then the answer is no.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) Its unusual for Law at RG Unis to be in Clearing.
2) Nothing is 'in Clearing' at the moment - because until Results Day, Unis don't have a clue how many spaces they have (think about it ...).
3) This all sounds a bit 'last minute' - if you are that undecided about what you want to spend the next 3 years studying, I suggest you defer your place for a year and do some calm thinking.
lero.2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by thegalaxy)
Clearing lists change all the time, so you’re best off checking again on results day to see if they have any vacancies then. If they do, you’re supposed to decline your current offer before speaking to Leeds.

If it’s not on their vacancy list then, then the answer is no.
Thank you for replying! Sad to hear i cannot go I guess, especially since I think I did a lot better in my exams than I was predicted
lero.2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
1) Its unusual for Law at RG Unis to be in Clearing.
2) Nothing is 'in Clearing' at the moment - because until Results Day, Unis don't have a clue how many spaces they have (think about it ...).
3) This all sounds a bit 'last minute' - if you are that undecided about what you want to spend the next 3 years studying, I suggest you defer your place for a year and do some calm thinking.
My issue is that I got declined from uni of leeds in January as my predicted grades were too low. I currently have firmed and insured 2 other RGs for law and I definitely am not thinking of taking a year out, I just believe I did better in my exams than expected and therefore I believe I could get into a better university. I am still happy with my current firm choice however still thinking of leeds if I have the grades. I know a few years ago top unis such as kings college had law clearing spaces but brought up their grade requirements, so I was hoping I could have the same.
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My issue is that I got declined from uni of leeds in January as my predicted grades were too low. I currently have firmed and insured 2 other RGs for law and I definitely am not thinking of taking a year out, I just believe I did better in my exams than expected and therefore I believe I could get into a better university. I am still happy with my current firm choice however still thinking of leeds if I have the grades. I know a few years ago top unis such as kings college had law clearing spaces but brought up their grade requirements, so I was hoping I could have the same.
If that’s the case, it might be worth seeing, if a) Leeds have places, and b) your grades exceed your firm offer, you could use Adjustment rather than Clearing - this way your place at your firm is still yours whilst you see if Leeds will take you, unlike Clearing where you have to decline your firm first.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would wait until A level results day and if your grades have exceeded those required by your Firm choice uni, you could keep that offer while applying to other unis via UCAS Adjustment. On results day you will be able to find out whether Leeds or other unis that appeal to you are advertising any vacancies.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected
LawStudent456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What unis are they?

There grade requirements can’t be that much different than Leeds
lero.2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by LawStudent456)
What unis are they?

There grade requirements can’t be that much different than Leeds
Uni of Birmingham which is AAB and Cardiff which is ABB
lero.2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
I would wait until A level results day and if your grades have exceeded those required by your Firm choice uni, you could keep that offer while applying to other unis via UCAS Adjustment. On results day you will be able to find out whether Leeds or other unis that appeal to you are advertising any vacancies.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected
Thank you so much! That’s my plan for results day
LawStudent456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni of Birmingham which is AAB and Cardiff which is ABB
What makes you want to go Leeds. Birmingham is similar to Leeds
lero.2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by LawStudent456)
What makes you want to go Leeds. Birmingham is similar to Leeds
I live relatively close to Birmingham so it won’t be a new city for me. However I am happy to go there if I have to
LawStudent456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live relatively close to Birmingham so it won’t be a new city for me. However I am happy to go there if I have to
Liverpool is in clearing for law currently if you’re interested in going there

You’ll have to check on results day to see if Leeds or anywhere else you might fancy going instead is added to clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (16)
15.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
40.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (5)
4.81%

Watched Threads