is right person wrong time actually a thing?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Now I know…I’ve seen everywhere ‘if it was the right person they’d show up at the RIGHT time’ but would you say this statement is true? I’m just curious on people opinions on this. Has anyone gotten back with a previous partner a few years later and it actually worked?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Now I know…I’ve seen everywhere ‘if it was the right person they’d show up at the RIGHT time’ but would you say this statement is true? I’m just curious on people opinions on this. Has anyone gotten back with a previous partner a few years later and it actually worked?
No such thing you would be dumb to turn an opportunity down if they are a good person
Anonymous #1
No such thing you would be dumb to turn an opportunity down if they are a good person
I was with an ex for 9 months - it didn’t work out due to many things such as school, immaturity, lack of communication. I was really good friends with him for 3 years before and he became my best friend and my lover at the same time. Covid made things very difficult as communication over FaceTime and text is hard at times, and we both misunderstood many texts leading to several arguments. Deep down though, I know he’s the right one. I’ve been with a few guys after him, and I’ve never met someone like him, someone who I just click with like that. We just get each other yano, it’s hard to explain. He said he definitely wants to get back together at some point in the future and we both agreed not to date until we’re both fully ready. I just have this gut feeling that he really is the right person wrong time, but so many people have told me ‘right person wrong time doesn’t exist, it was simply the wrong one’
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, for sure.
Think of peoplewho meet someone great when they're in a committed relationship, for example.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say it's true. People can be perfect for each other, but external factors mean the relationship will struggle.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's an easy excuse but then again so are most possibly genuine reasons. If someone perfect comes along right after a breakup, say, you're probably not going to be ready to enter a relationship. That's an example of right person wrong time.

"If it was the right person they’d show up at the right time" seems like some wishy washy superstition. Life won't always work out perfectly.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I would say it's true. People can be perfect for each other, but external factors mean the relationship will struggle.
People also change and grow though. I’m not saying I’m waiting for him to come back, I’m just vibing through life but if he grows to become a completely different person then would it still be worth giving him another go? In a relationship I prefer to grow with the person rather than showing a fake persona and then revealing your true ugly side months later (which is what my last ex did). For me and him, we could be our genuine selves around each other and he was my best friend too, I’m worried he’s changed to become a completely different person. I shouldn’t worry about it too much but I do see my future with him and no one else, even a year after the breakup. Have you had any personal right person wrong time stories, or do you know anyone who has?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
It's an easy excuse but then again so are most possibly genuine reasons. If someone perfect comes along right after a breakup, say, you're probably not going to be ready to enter a relationship. That's an example of right person wrong time.

"If it was the right person they’d show up at the right time" seems like some wishy washy superstition. Life won't always work out perfectly.
What about if you’ve already had a long term relationship with that person, but for other external reasons such as covid and lockdown, it didn’t work out? Also I know lots of couples broke up as a result of covid, did yall consider getting back together or trying again?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Yes it’s true it’s happening to me rn 😂 he’s the right guy but we r not ready for a relationship like we thought
Anonymous #1
Yes it’s true it’s happening to me rn 😂 he’s the right guy but we r not ready for a relationship like we thought
Haha I’m glad I’m not the only person this has happened to! Did lockdown affect your relationship/potential relationship with him? coz for me it certainly did!
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What about if you’ve already had a long term relationship with that person, but for other external reasons such as covid and lockdown, it didn’t work out? Also I know lots of couples broke up as a result of covid, did yall consider getting back together or trying again?
Now in this specific instance I wouldn't necessarily agree that it was "right person wrong time", if they were going fine before that. If your relationship broke under the stress of COVID, they might not have been the best person for you. I guess it depends how much stress covid put on it.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
Now in this specific instance I wouldn't necessarily agree that it was "right person wrong time", if they were going fine before that. If your relationship broke under the stress of COVID, they might not have been the best person for you. I guess it depends how much stress covid put on it.
Well that’s what many people have told me, but we’re both teenagers and we’re both still growing and maturing mentally! We both agreed the breakup wasn’t a personal thing. Neither of us were ready to be in a relationship full stop. He was still my best friend for 3 years and during that time we basically were treating each other like bf/gf but actually dating was too much for us because during covid we just needed time to improve and focus on ourselves… now I’m not saying you can’t focus on yourself while in a relationship. I mean we both just weren’t mature enough to date anyone and when we’re older and ready, we will try again but since we’ve dated and it hasn’t worked out, I’m hesitant to try again!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
It can be true, but it has to be proved to you really, or else it can be a painful way for people to hold onto false hope.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Haha I’m glad I’m not the only person this has happened to! Did lockdown affect your relationship/potential relationship with him? coz for me it certainly did!a
It was the holiday rn but I’m sorry ur going thru this too x
Anonymous #1
It was the holiday rn but I’m sorry ur going thru this too x
Oh I’m sorry ur going through that! The advice I’ve been told has helped me the most: ‘never wait for a boy’. In our cases, if the guy is the right one then he will come back, however never wait for that moment. During this time, become the best version of yourself you can possibly be and things will happen by itself but don’t sit around and wait for him to come back! It will probably take time, but if someone perfect for you and so much better than him comes along, don’t reject them just because you’re waiting for your ex! I’ve moved on from the breakup and I’ve forgiven and moved on with my life, and I’m just going with the flow atm. I just know deep down he is the right one and I trust that if he really is, he will come back when we’re both ready!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Oh I’m sorry ur going through that! The advice I’ve been told has helped me the most: ‘never wait for a boy’. In our cases, if the guy is the right one then he will come back, however never wait for that moment. During this time, become the best version of yourself you can possibly be and things will happen by itself but don’t sit around and wait for him to come back! It will probably take time, but if someone perfect for you and so much better than him comes along, don’t reject them just because you’re waiting for your ex! I’ve moved on from the breakup and I’ve forgiven and moved on with my life, and I’m just going with the flow atm. I just know deep down he is the right one and I trust that if he really is, he will come back when we’re both ready!
Ty so much I can’t explain how much i needed to someone to say that
I hope ur ok and please stay strong thru everything I wish u the best of luck in ur life 💕
Anonymous #1
Ty so much I can’t explain how much i needed to someone to say that
I hope ur ok and please stay strong thru everything I wish u the best of luck in ur life 💕
You too! You seem lovely and I wish you the best in your life, and always remember what you deserve! If someone mistreats you, you don’t just accept it because you’re scared to lose the person…and that’s what happened with my last ex and I ended things straight after I realised I deserved way better! You deserve the best in life don’t forget that, and don’t let some boy bring you down!
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Yes. I personally am proof of this.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People also change and grow though. I’m not saying I’m waiting for him to come back, I’m just vibing through life but if he grows to become a completely different person then would it still be worth giving him another go? In a relationship I prefer to grow with the person rather than showing a fake persona and then revealing your true ugly side months later (which is what my last ex did). For me and him, we could be our genuine selves around each other and he was my best friend too, I’m worried he’s changed to become a completely different person. I shouldn’t worry about it too much but I do see my future with him and no one else, even a year after the breakup. Have you had any personal right person wrong time stories, or do you know anyone who has?
Probably not in the same way you mean. The only one I know of was a couple who were great for each other but kids got in the way really (too much responsibility to put it simply). I don't think people changing is part of 'wrong time', I think it's just an unfortunate circumstance.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I was with an ex for 9 months - it didn’t work out due to many things such as school, immaturity, lack of communication. I was really good friends with him for 3 years before and he became my best friend and my lover at the same time. Covid made things very difficult as communication over FaceTime and text is hard at times, and we both misunderstood many texts leading to several arguments. Deep down though, I know he’s the right one. I’ve been with a few guys after him, and I’ve never met someone like him, someone who I just click with like that. We just get each other yano, it’s hard to explain. He said he definitely wants to get back together at some point in the future and we both agreed not to date until we’re both fully ready. I just have this gut feeling that he really is the right person wrong time, but so many people have told me ‘right person wrong time doesn’t exist, it was simply the wrong one’
If you were meant to be then you wouldn't have broken up simple
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads