My girlfriend wants to go shopping with me tomorrow

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So she technically isn’t my girlfriend we haven’t agreed that yet, we are still fairly new into this thing about 6 months in.

Anyway she wants to go shopping tomorrow with me at a designer outlet store in cannock, am I expected to buy her the clothes or not? She hasn’t said anything to me but I don’t know what’s expected of me, iv never got this far before
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the girl to be honest. Some like to be spoiled, but if she's taking you there just so you can buy her stuff I'm not sure that's going to be the best relationship, just sounds like she's using you.

If she's going just for a fun time with you then that's cute.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends. If you don't like paying for her then you will have a terrible time, so end the relationship. If you do enjoy paying for her, then carry on and just wait until she ends the relationship.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
after 6 months you don't know if you're in a relationship?

tbh it doesn't sound like she's expecting you to buy her designer stuff, she might just want your opinion on things and maaaybe secretly hope you offer to treat her. But asking a guy to come shopping isn't usually code for be my sugardaddy it's more she might value your opinion and wanna look nice for you? it's cute. if you like her u could treat her to something small and non expensive
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends, but I wouldn't feel you're expected to buy stuff (it is a bit of a red flag if you are imo)
Go, have a nice time, if you want to buy a small gift or item like a pair of socks or something.
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Coming from a girl, asking a guy to go shopping is a cute little day out, nothing more. But if she does expect you to buy her stuff, she might not have the best intentions.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So she technically isn’t my girlfriend we haven’t agreed that yet, we are still fairly new into this thing about 6 months in.

Anyway she wants to go shopping tomorrow with me at a designer outlet store in cannock, am I expected to buy her the clothes or not? She hasn’t said anything to me but I don’t know what’s expected of me, iv never got this far before
As per going most places in a relationship your essentially obligated to buy coffee and the like but not to purchase clothes. In this scenario your either just here to tell her she looks pretty or she's plans to dress you like a manequin.

When it comes to purchasing clothes for somebody in a relationship there's no one policy. Some will buy whatever they are told, some women hate a man hinting at how they should dress while others like myself will buy an item I find attractive on a woman (to varying levels of appreciation). That's something to discuss with her.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by brionyvj)
Coming from a girl, asking a guy to go shopping is a cute little day out, nothing more. But if she does expect you to buy her stuff, she might not have the best intentions.
Ok thank you, I think it was more of a she wanted to see me kind of thing and suggested anything.
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean expecting someone to pay for your designer stuff who isn't officially your bf is dumb.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you have a significant income then I don’t think she’ll be expecting you to buy her stuff. Your a date not a charity. Just compliment whatever clothes she picks out.

Maybe buy the drinks if you stop by a cafe or something,
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could also be that she hates your taste in clothing and wants you to buy yourself new stuff.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best thing to do in this scenario would be to see how she behaves.

If she’s proper hesitant in buying the clothes, and looks at you to pay for it, dont give in. This is how girls love using you. Money does not grow on trees to just be buying stuff mindlessly. Especially after being forced to.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads