The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Failed module at foundation

Hi i have struggled with communications with man met during my foundation year
Covid has made it so difficult
I handed in my modules on time.
Two weeks ago i was told i needed to re sit part of a module. Ive started the work 400 of 2.500 words.
On Friday i asked when the deadline was. On monday i was told it was due that day. I quickly applied for extension as i had no prior knowledge of when i needed to hand final work in. Im now really stressed as i dont know if i will get the extension or fail if i have failed will i be allowed to resit?
Any advice please as iam really stressed and dealing with this in isolation.
Original post by Anonymous
Two weeks ago i was told i needed to re sit part of a module. Ive started the work 400 of 2.500 words.
On Friday i asked when the deadline was. On monday i was told it was due that day. I quickly applied for extension as i had no prior knowledge of when i needed to hand final work in. Im now really stressed as i dont know if i will get the extension or fail if i have failed will i be allowed to resit?

To be honest, not knowing when the deadline isn't an excuse they'll accept for handing in work late. Given this is already a resit, it's unlikely they'll allow you to sit it again (especially given it's a foundation year) but you'll have to check with your university on that one.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!

Sorry to hear you have been having some difficulties with your coursework. I would recommend you send your course tutor an email and explain the situation and issues you have been facing and they should be able to assist you further. Alternatively, you can contact the Student hub at https://studenthub.mmu.ac.uk/ or contact the student advice centre, via phone (0161 247 6533) or email ([email protected] who will be able to support you through this process and provide further advice!

I hope some of this helps! Good luck with everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending