Is the combination of Geology, Spanish, Maths and further maths good A levels?

Watch
43Explosion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't really know what to choose for my A levels but I enjoy all of the subjects above and I don't know if it's worth picking them. I could change out spanish or further maths for another A level but I don't know
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 43Explosion)
I don't really know what to choose for my A levels but I enjoy all of the subjects above and I don't know if it's worth picking them. I could change out spanish or further maths for another A level but I don't know
If you enjoy those subjects then it makes sense to study them.
What do you want to do after a-levels?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's good if you're interested in them and actually want to study them for 18 months.
If you're not considering or going to consider any uni course that might require something else, then go ahead.
43Explosion
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
If you enjoy those subjects then it makes sense to study them.
What do you want to do after a-levels?
I generally don't know. I just like these subjects and find them fun
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I generally don't know. I just like these subjects and find them fun
If you like those subjects, then it makes sense to study them. If you enjoy them then you are likely to do better at them.
Those subjects are good for a range of things.
I'd go for it.
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They all sound good. Are you lining yourself up to work for one of the huge mining companies in Chile, Mexico or Peru? The largest mineral extraction company is in Brazil, so I’d consider throwing in ab initio Portuguese in your first year at uni.
43Explosion
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
If you like those subjects, then it makes sense to study them. If you enjoy them then you are likely to do better at them.
Those subjects are good for a range of things.
I'd go for it.
This really helps. Thanks a ton!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This really helps. Thanks a ton!
Glad I could be of use 😃
43Explosion
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
They all sound good. Are you lining yourself up to work for one of the huge mining companies in Chile, Mexico or Peru? The largest mineral extraction company is in Brazil, so I’d consider throwing in ab initio Portuguese in your first year at uni.
It sounds interesting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but it helps to know that there are some interesting places I can work at with these subjects
43Explosion
Rep:
?
(Original post by etwelve)
They sound good! You might also want to consider Chemistry if you want to pursue Geology/Science in your career (most unis will require Maths + Chem or Phys or Bio in order to study a science degree).
Would changing further maths for it be a good idea? Chemistry is fun as well after all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads