lppk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How hard is software development? I have a bit of programming experience which has been self-taught, I did GCSE digital tech but my school only offered the multimedia option. I can't find any information or resources for the subject, so I can't get a good idea, but I looked at the past papers and mark schemes and they looked challenging.
Juliean95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's quite relative. If you enjoy problem-solving then you may enjoy it. You require a 'systematic' thought process. To really breakdown a big problem into smaller 'working parts'. Which language have you had experience with? Self-taught is good, already shows passion and initiative.
lppk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juliean95)
It's quite relative. If you enjoy problem-solving then you may enjoy it. You require a 'systematic' thought process. To really breakdown a big problem into smaller 'working parts'. Which language have you had experience with? Self-taught is good, already shows passion and initiative.
I'm learning C# and that's what the school chooses for the course (instead of java) which is good. How do you find the overall difficulty of the course and does it set u up great for a cs degree. The A2 exam doesn't look too bad, the thing about the AS1 exam is that from the outside looking at the mark scheme it seems really precise, is this at all true, I was also wondering how the controlled assessment for year 13/14 is. Sorry for all the questions just making sure that I want to do it and can succeed in it, thanks so much.
lppk
Rep:
?
is there anyone else that does ssd?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (15)
14.85%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.92%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.94%
I need help with my personal statement (40)
39.6%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
24.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.98%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (5)
4.95%

Watched Threads